XP SP2 policy Execptions

I have configured lots of exceptions in the GPO (prior to distibuting the SP
itself), while this was much easier than anticipated there is one glaring
error on MS's part: You can't edit the exception entries!!

Having added the following (and another 20+ similair entries):

12345:TCP:192.168.1.0/24,192.168.2.0/24:enabled:My Custom App

I can't go back and edit it to add another subnet (or correct spelling
errors etc etc)...

I can think of no technical reason why this functionality would not have
been added, it must be an oversight - either way it's a pain in the arse!

Is there any way of editing the strings by other means???

__
Matt

Hi Matt

This behaviour seems consistent with the way all policies of this type have
been implemented. "Run only allowed Windows Applications" is an example.

I don't know of another way to edit these strings. They're stored in the
appropriate .pol file and it's not straight text.

Kind regards
--
Mark Renoden [MSFT]
Windows Platform Support Team