XP SP2 policy Execptions

I have configured lots of exceptions in the GPO (prior to distibuting the SP
itself), while this was much easier than anticipated there is one glaring
error on MS's part: You can't edit the exception entries!!

Having added the following (and another 20+ similair entries):

12345:TCP:192.168.1.0/24,192.168.2.0/24:enabled:My Custom App

I can't go back and edit it to add another subnet (or correct spelling
errors etc etc)...

I can think of no technical reason why this functionality would not have
been added, it must be an oversight - either way it's a pain in the arse!

Is there any way of editing the strings by other means???

__
Matt
1 answer Last reply
More about policy execptions

    Hi Matt

    This behaviour seems consistent with the way all policies of this type have
    been implemented. "Run only allowed Windows Applications" is an example.

    I don't know of another way to edit these strings. They're stored in the
    appropriate .pol file and it's not straight text.

    Kind regards
    --
    Mark Renoden [MSFT]
    Windows Platform Support Team

    "Matt (IS Team)" <matt.groves@magnetic-SPAM-TRAP-north.com> wrote in message

    > I have configured lots of exceptions in the GPO (prior to distibuting the
    > SP itself), while this was much easier than anticipated there is one
    > glaring error on MS's part: You can't edit the exception entries!!
    >
    > Having added the following (and another 20+ similair entries):
    >
    > 12345:TCP:192.168.1.0/24,192.168.2.0/24:enabled:My Custom App
    >
    > I can't go back and edit it to add another subnet (or correct spelling
    > errors etc etc)...
    >

    > I can think of no technical reason why this functionality would not have
    > been added, it must be an oversight - either way it's a pain in the arse!
    >
    > Is there any way of editing the strings by other means???
    >

    > __
    > Matt

Policy Microsoft Windows XP Windows