Prevent users installing software by Group Policy

Hi

I understand I can use the Software Restrictions policy within GPO to
restrict users installing software, when I tried to test this it would not
let me install software or open Internet Explorer etc.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Pauline
1 answer Last reply
More about prevent users installing software group policy

    It restricts them from *running* certain programs. If the setup.exe files
    for known pieces of software are what you're restricting, then you can use
    it to prevent software installation.

    Oli

    "ITLush" <ITLush@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I understand I can use the Software Restrictions policy within GPO to
    > restrict users installing software, when I tried to test this it would not
    > let me install software or open Internet Explorer etc.
    >
    > What am I doing wrong?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Pauline

Policy Software Windows