Prevent users installing software by Group Policy

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
September 8, 2004 10:39:03 AM

Hi

I understand I can use the Software Restrictions policy within GPO to
restrict users installing software, when I tried to test this it would not
let me install software or open Internet Explorer etc.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Pauline
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 10:33:53 PM

It restricts them from *running* certain programs. If the setup.exe files
for known pieces of software are what you're restricting, then you can use
it to prevent software installation.

Oli

!