Where is Tom's?

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
Honestly, I'm tired of copy/paste "articles" from around the web here at Tom's. It's nice to get hold of the tech shorts I suppose - but when you figure in all the annoying inline text ads, censorship, stupid commenters, spam, trolls, very poor editing or lack thereof, minor website bugs, and the sensationalist headlines well...it comes up a little lacking and leaving me wanting more. I can't bring myself to completely abandon Tom's, but I find myself spending more and more time elsewhere - and I think I'm going to keep looking around the web to see what else it has to offer.

Lastly, I will say this about Tom's; the website is fairly well organized and easy to navigate.

randomizer

Champion
The Bestofmedia HQ is in France, but it's the US subsidiary that handles day to day operations on the US and UK sites. Although I'm not sure why it matters or what some guy's opinion of the 2nd Amendment has to do with TH.

Maybe if more Americans would actually rad their Constitution instead of merely quoting a cut down extract that suits them better, they would find that they have the right to bear arms "as part of a Militia". This could save the lives of many of their future school-children and cut the crime rate considerably.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
This thread was already moved once, let's not have to move it again to Politics.

As randomizer says, Bestofmedia, which is the parent company, is headquartered in France. Tom's Hardware, the news organization, is headquartered in Culver City, CA, and all of its employees are Americans. This, or the parent company's origins don't really relate to the current national discussion about gun regulation.

We maintain a fairly sizable community team of moderators from around the world, from Australia to Iran, Kenya to Canada, and I'm proud that Tom's has grown as fast as it has in recent memory to now encompass more than a million registered users. The advertising you see on the site helps us pay for bandwidth costs, as well as our reporting and editorial staff who aren't just out there copy/pasting content as they find it, but rather going direct to the manufacturers, digging down and doing the analysis and research necessary to bring you the best information they can on hardware and tech.

We don't consider Anandtech or OC to be "the enemy", and you are welcome to head over to those communities any time you like, or pick and choose from all three of us (or more) what you want to read, and in what capacity you'd like to participate. We're not sticklers for brand loyalty here. :)

Much appreciate the feedback, friend!