Limiting Browser to one URL

My default browser page is the only url I want our client system to be able
to access.
I'm looking for specific instructions on how to limit the user to
http://myhome.mydomain.com
Thanks.

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 09:01:04 -0700, "Yardsale"
<Yardsale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My default browser page is the only url I want our client system to be able
>to access.
>I'm looking for specific instructions on how to limit the user to
>http://myhome.mydomain.com
>Thanks.

Use tip 1976 to remove the address bar, menus, and all buttons.

Set the home page to http://myhome.mydomain.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

Use tip 1976 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com to remove the
address bar, menus, and all buttons.

Set the home page to http://myhome.mydomain.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 09:01:04 -0700, "Yardsale"
<Yardsale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My default browser page is the only url I want our client system to be able
>to access.
>I'm looking for specific instructions on how to limit the user to
>http://myhome.mydomain.com
>Thanks.

Use tip 1976 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com to remove the
address bar, menus, and all buttons.

Set the home page to http://myhome.mydomain.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

Thank you for your reply.
One clarification I should make, the systems are on a domain, so I would
need to implement the changes through a Group Policy.
Any idea how this would be accomplished with said registery changes?

Yardsale wrote:

> Thank you for your reply.
> One clarification I should make, the systems are on a domain, so I would
> need to implement the changes through a Group Policy.
> Any idea how this would be accomplished with said registery changes?
Hi

HOW TO: Create Custom Administrative Templates in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=323639

225087 Writing Custom ADM Files for System Policy Editor
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=225087

Implementing Registry-Based Group Policy - white paper
http://www.microsoft.com/WINDOWS2000/techinfo/howitworks/management/rbppaper.asp

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=hqLijhCjEHA.2968%40cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: