Esente

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2006
Hi, I'm currently building a powerful PC. However, duo to the limitation of space in my house and money in my pocket, I couldn't afford another one. I want to know if there is any way that I can connect a mouse, a keyboard, and a monitor to that PC to turn into a second PC. Both PC can be run at the same time with different applications (such as word, excel, browsers,... but not games). The PC nowadays is strong, and with a duo-core CPU, it's just a waste to only let one thing run at a time.

For reference, Between and Hishare are the softwared-based solutions, and NStation series are the hardware-based solutions I've found so far. However, they're so expensive and I don't even know if they'll work or not. Please advise. Thanks!

SciFiMan

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006
I'm tired so I may be missing your goal, but I think you need to look at VMware or Microsoft's Virtual PC. Then you just run several virtual OS installs on the same system, and switch between them. They are all running at the same time. However, with a single KVM you can only access one at a time. Using something like VNC or radmin you can connect to each virtual and do whatever you want.

Oh, I just looked at Hishare. Pretty cool. How much is it? What are you trying to accomplish by the way?

Esente

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2006
Like I said, have two separate "computers" sharing the CPU, DIMN, CASE, HDDs, ... basically everything except the monitor, keyboard, mouse and the graphic card. If you looked at HiShare, you'll know what I want.

With Hishare, two to four users are enabled to share the only one computer's applications and resources. All these users can select and run different programs simultaneously, under standard Windows 2000 Professional or Server, and Windows XP Home or Professional Edition.

Slobogob

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
Hi, I'm currently building a powerful PC. However, duo to the limitation of space in my house and money in my pocket, I couldn't afford another one. I want to know if there is any way that I can connect a mouse, a keyboard, and a monitor to that PC to turn into a second PC. Both PC can be run at the same time with different applications (such as word, excel, browsers,... but not games). The PC nowadays is strong, and with a duo-core CPU, it's just a waste to only let one thing run at a time.

For reference, Between and Hishare are the softwared-based solutions, and NStation series are the hardware-based solutions I've found so far. However, they're so expensive and I don't even know if they'll work or not. Please advise. Thanks!

I wouldn´t advise this, but i remembered it, so maybe you like it.

Take a look here.

pety

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2007
:hello: hi,good to all!

MuStation could turn 1 pc into 2-30 pc or more .MuStation is based on the host computer ,share the information resources with the host , one host can serve up to 10 network PC share terminals (Windows 2000/2003 server edition can serve up to 30 terminals ) , each user can visit host resources safely,independently and synchronously.

MUStation38_1.jpg

800A.jpg

If you have any question about our MuStation ,please tell me . Don’t hesitate,give me a e-mail or call anytime .our website is http:// www.MuStation.cn moreinformation and user guider is in our website please visit it .You can be acquainted with our products ulteriorly.

We look forward to your prompt reply.

Yours sincerely
Pety

TRENDING THREADS