GPO settings for 802.11

I have a domain that has 2000 and 2003 domain controllers. This was upgraded
from a domain that had only 2000 domain controllers.

Under GPO in machine I do not see the settings for 802.11 security
configurations. If I install a 2003 test domain from scratch, the settings
for 802.11 and much more are under the GPO edit screen.

Does anyone know what to I need to know to add the features that came with
2003 in my GPO-s?

In which domain controller do the GPO reside? Do they reside on the global
catalog server only?

thanks in advance to anyone....

Group policies have two aspects: files and directory objects in AD. The
files reside in the SYSVOL shares of domain controllers in that domain. The
directory objects reside in CN=Policies,CN=SYSTEM,DC=DOMAIN,DC=COM location
for your domain.

The 802.11 policy settings, and the other new settings for Server 2003, will
only be viewable from a domain controller (or Adminpacked 2003 member server
or XP workstation). The first time you edit existing policies using these
tools it should make those settings available for distribution.

Please repost if you have additional questions or concerns.

--
Tim Springston
Microsoft Corporation

"rezi" <rezi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a domain that has 2000 and 2003 domain controllers. This was
>upgraded
> from a domain that had only 2000 domain controllers.
>
> Under GPO in machine I do not see the settings for 802.11 security
> configurations. If I install a 2003 test domain from scratch, the settings
> for 802.11 and much more are under the GPO edit screen.
>
> Does anyone know what to I need to know to add the features that came with
> 2003 in my GPO-s?
>
> In which domain controller do the GPO reside? Do they reside on the global
> catalog server only?
>
> thanks in advance to anyone....

TRENDING THREADS