GPO works for only one user

I recently installed terminal services on a Win2K SP3
domain controller that has an OU specific to the terminal
service users. I created a GPO that enforces desktop
settings, folder redirection, etc.. The policy only works
for one user and not the others. The users were created
by copying the one user that does work. I have checked
security permissions to the GPO and they are set
correctly. I am at a loss... Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Tracy H.

Did you put the new user in the same OU as the other users? You can also use
gpresult while logged into that user to see what user policies apply to that
user and the last time they were applied. -- Steve

"Tracy Hoffman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently installed terminal services on a Win2K SP3
> domain controller that has an OU specific to the terminal
> service users. I created a GPO that enforces desktop
> settings, folder redirection, etc.. The policy only works
> for one user and not the others. The users were created
> by copying the one user that does work. I have checked
> security permissions to the GPO and they are set
> correctly. I am at a loss... Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Tracy H.

Yes, I did put the new user in the same OU and I ran
gpresult but it does not list any policies as being
applied except local policies.

Tracy H.

wrote in message
>> I recently installed terminal services on a Win2K SP3
>> domain controller that has an OU specific to the
terminal
>> service users. I created a GPO that enforces desktop
>> settings, folder redirection, etc.. The policy only
works
>> for one user and not the others. The users were
created
>> by copying the one user that does work. I have checked
>> security permissions to the GPO and they are set
>> correctly. I am at a loss... Any help would be
greatly
>> appreciated.
>>
>> Tracy H.
>

>.

Does this happen from the same client computer? When you run gpresult on the TS
server while logged on locally at the TS console for each user - one that works and
one that does not, does it show they exist in the same Active Directory Container and
they have the same group membership? Are there any errors in Event Viewer for that
domain controller that may be pertinent?. I would also run first netdiag and then
dcdiag on that domain controller looking for any failed tests, errors, warnings, that
may indicate a problem with configuration. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321708 -- netdiag and how to
install the support tools.

> Yes, I did put the new user in the same OU and I ran
> gpresult but it does not list any policies as being
> applied except local policies.
>
> Tracy H.

When I run gpresult I get an error message that
states "failed to open key with 2". I do not see any group
membership or GPO's that apply to the user but I do see
the group memberships.

Tracy H.

us;321708 -- netdiag and how to
>install the support tools.

>> Yes, I did put the new user in the same OU and I ran
>> gpresult but it does not list any policies as being
>> applied except local policies.
>>
>> Tracy H.

I meant to say that I do see the computer memberships..
Sorry

Hmm. I have never seen that error before and a quick search om Google showed
more than a few others have seen it but no one had an explaination of what
caused it. The only thing i can think of is to check the Event Logs for any
info that may be helpful. --- Steve