How To Restrict Network Exploration

Dear Sirs,
I have a problem with group policies that if i am creating
a shortcut for a user for any server then with the explore
option user can view the entire hierarichy of my entire
network. Is there any way through group policies to get
rid of explore option if there is a way then please guide
me so that i can restrict my other computers in the
network.
Thank You....

Group Policy is good at hiding a lot of things but often there is a workaround. If
you go to user configuration/administrative templates/Windows components/Windows
Explorer you can remove entire network and computers near me, and disable some
context [right click] menus but as long as netbios name resolution is used on the
network there are workarounds and ultimately you need to rely on share/ntfs
permissions and user right for access this computer from the network to control
access to resources. For networks that can go to pure Active Directory with no
applications that need netbios over tcp/ip, AD alone can be used to locate resources
and if a user does not have read permissions to an AD object they will not be able to
find or see it. --- Steve