Smart script question

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I need a script (possibly using a VB program?) that will get the 3rd
octet of a computer IP address so that I can create a smart logon
script. The idea being that the script will get the information and
if the number (third octet of the IP address) is >= X and <= Y then
net use F: \\servername\dirname. I need this because we have people
with laptop computers that need to logon to different servers in
different building locations to access specific data.

Is this possible?

Richard wrote:

> I need a script (possibly using a VB program?) that will get the 3rd
> octet of a computer IP address so that I can create a smart logon
> script. The idea being that the script will get the information and
> if the number (third octet of the IP address) is >= X and <= Y then
> net use F: \\servername\dirname. I need this because we have people
> with laptop computers that need to logon to different servers in
> different building locations to access specific data.
>
> Is this possible?
Hi

I have posted such VBScripts previously.

Take a look at this Google newsgroup search:
http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=octet&safe=images&ie=UTF-8&as_uauthors=torgeir%20bakken&as_scoring=d&lr=&hl=en

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: