Adding Local Groups to GPO

My origanization places most users whom should have the ability to add a
local printer into a custom domain group called "PC Power Users". This group
has the same privilege as the out-of-the-box Power Users group. "PC Power
Users" is placed on every domain workstation in it's Power Users group. How
can I assign the local Power Users group the Load/Unload Device Drivers
privilege via GPO without modifying local policies and without locking out
the workstation's Administrators group?

Thanks for your assistance,

- SB

Just add the power users group to that user right in the appropriate GPO - probably
at the domain or OU level. You can not "browse" for the power users group since it
does not exist at the domain level but you can type in it's name. To keep
administrators with that user right add administrators also and when the policy is
propagated to the domain computers you should see both administrators and power users
in the "effective" policy in Local Security Policy. --- Steve

"Steven Bendis" <Steven Bendis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My origanization places most users whom should have the ability to add a
> local printer into a custom domain group called "PC Power Users". This group
> has the same privilege as the out-of-the-box Power Users group. "PC Power
> Users" is placed on every domain workstation in it's Power Users group. How
> can I assign the local Power Users group the Load/Unload Device Drivers
> privilege via GPO without modifying local policies and without locking out
> the workstation's Administrators group?
>
> Thanks for your assistance,
>
> - SB

Now I can go in Monday morning armed with something to try. Mr. Umbach,
thank you very much for your reply!

- SB