"Welcome to Windows" Custom Text

Does anyone know how one might add custom text to the Welcome to Windows
logon screen?

I found registry keys to do it but would much rather do so with GPO

System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
Value Name: Welcome
Data Type: REG_SZ (String Value)
Value Data: Text to display

You could make a .REG file, and import it in a login script...

Another question related to this... is there a way to take out the "Welcome
to Windows" and just leave your custom text?... this regkey seems to just
append text to "Welcome to Windows" so mine would say "Welcome to Windows -
this that and the other" when I'd just want it to say "This that and the
other"

TIA
Ken