gp for screen saver

I was looking for solution how to force "lock-up" clients in domain after let
say 10 minutes of inactivities... and what I've learn is the only option is
to enable password protected screen server via GPO... and here is my problem,
Am applying GPO on OU level, I have enabled following:
administrative template\control panel\disply\
-activate screen saver - enabled
-password protect the screen saver - enabled
-screen saver timeout - enabled -set to 30 sec.
also tried to enable screen saver exec name (used logon.scr)

After refreshing policy and wait about more then 30 sec nothing is
happening... what I'm missing here?
all am trying to to is to not relay on user that they will lock up their
workstation when leaving home.

Thanks,

RW

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 15:05:10 -0700, "Rafal W."
<RafalW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I was looking for solution how to force "lock-up" clients in domain after let
>say 10 minutes of inactivities... and what I've learn is the only option is
>to enable password protected screen server via GPO... and here is my problem,
>Am applying GPO on OU level, I have enabled following:
>administrative template\control panel\disply\
>-activate screen saver - enabled
>-password protect the screen saver - enabled
>-screen saver timeout - enabled -set to 30 sec.
>also tried to enable screen saver exec name (used logon.scr)
>
>After refreshing policy and wait about more then 30 sec nothing is
>happening... what I'm missing here?
>all am trying to to is to not relay on user that they will lock up their
>workstation when leaving home.
>
>Thanks,
>
>RW
Are you running at least SP3?

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 15:05:10 -0700, "Rafal W."
<RafalW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I was looking for solution how to force "lock-up" clients in domain after let
>say 10 minutes of inactivities... and what I've learn is the only option is
>to enable password protected screen server via GPO... and here is my problem,
>Am applying GPO on OU level, I have enabled following:
>administrative template\control panel\disply\
>-activate screen saver - enabled
>-password protect the screen saver - enabled
>-screen saver timeout - enabled -set to 30 sec.
>also tried to enable screen saver exec name (used logon.scr)
>
>After refreshing policy and wait about more then 30 sec nothing is
>happening... what I'm missing here?
>all am trying to to is to not relay on user that they will lock up their
>workstation when leaving home.
>
>Thanks,
>
>RW
To set a users Desktop wallpaper via a Group Policy Object (GPO) the following
two settings need to be configured.

\<GPO>\User Configiguration\Administrative Templates\Desktop\Active Desktop\
-- Enable Active Desktop; and
-- Active Desktop Wallpaper

Enable Active Desktop

The Enable Active Desktop policy setting is needed to be able to configure .jpg,
..jpeg, etc. image formats as Desktop Backgrounds. If you do not configure this
setting, you will only be able to configure bitmap (.bmp) images as backgrounds.

Active Desktop Wallpaper

The Active Desktop Wallpaper setting is the setting that is actually used to
configure the Desktop Background.

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.