Group policy question

I would like to remove accessories option from the start
up menu screen for all users. Is there a group policy for
that?. If not, what is the best way to do it?.

Thanks

There are a lot of options in Group Policy under user configuration/administrative
templates/start menu and task bar that you want to investigate but I don't think
remove accessories is one of them. What you could do is use Group Policy to implement
startup scripts to delete the accessories folder for the all users and default user
profiles and a logon script for users to delete it from their user profile. ---
Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;322241

"will" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to remove accessories option from the start
> up menu screen for all users. Is there a group policy for
> that?. If not, what is the best way to do it?.
>
> Thanks

1) the good of GPO is that you can have different options for different
users / computers. The bad thing is that it runs everytime it boots / a user
logon. If you are applying the policy to everyone every workstation, then
you should do it by script, once off.

2) If you want to do it by GPO, well you don't have a policy for that, BUT
you can play the trick by disabling everyone's access to the file by file
security in GPO.

3) If you know VBS, you can script the file delete across domain quite
easily