Disable Windows Updates

Hello,

I have setup a SUS Server and its working fine. I was just
wondering how do I disable the Automatic Update feature in
the control panel as I do not want users updating fixes
that I have not tested.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 08:19:13 -0700, "Michael Carty"

>Hello,
>
>I have setup a SUS Server and its working fine. I was just
>wondering how do I disable the Automatic Update feature in
>the control panel as I do not want users updating fixes
>that I have not tested.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Michael

http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=327838 "How to schedule automatic updates in
Windows XP Windows 2000 or Windows Server 2003"

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

Hi,

I already read that article and it doesnt say how to
disable the Automatic updates from the control Panel ?

Any Ideas

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 07:11:21 -0700, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I already read that article and it doesnt say how to
>disable the Automatic updates from the control Panel ?
>
>Any Ideas

Have you Enabled the AU group Policy,
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=328010

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

Michael Carty wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have setup a SUS Server and its working fine. I was just
> wondering how do I disable the Automatic Update feature in
> the control panel as I do not want users updating fixes
> that I have not tested.

Not sure, but couldn't you remove access to that applet ?

Create/Edit a GPO, select Control Panel under User Configuration,
Administrative Templates. Enable "Hide specifed control panel applets",
then enter the applet for Automatic Updates...wuaucpl.cpl I think...

--
- Matt -