Final Gaming Build - Looking for Input

So after hours of mind-numbing research, I've finally decided on this build. What do you guys think? I know the power supply isn't a FSP, Antec, Enermax or some other PSU powerhouse, but it got pretty good reviews. I suppose if it's seen as a MAJOR problem, I could change it. Oh and it does have 20A on its +12V rails.

- COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UW Black Aluminum Bezel, SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

- BIOSTAR TForce965PT LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

- SAPPHIRE 100189L Radeon X1900GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 VIVO HDCP Video Card - Retail

- ePOWER ZU-550W ATX12V Version 2.0 / EPS12V 550W Power Supply - Retail

- Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Conroe 1.86GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6300 - Retail

- G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL4D-2GBPK - Retail

- Seagate Barracuda ES ST3320620NS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

- LG 18X DVD±R Super-Multi DVD Burner With 12X DVD-RAM Write Black IDE Model GSAH22N-BK - OEM
4 answers Last reply
More about final gaming build input
  1. Don't sweat it on your PSU. That's the one I have and it's working just fine. Guess mine's been up and running for about 2 months now.

Only thing I suggest changing is the mobo. the Giga S3 was only $4 more on newegg. The Biostar is supposed to be a good OCer, I just trust the Giga more. Maybe I'm just biased cuz I have it. :)
  2. Farnaby whats the total cost on that system? Im currently looking to build one and just wondering what it cost these days to build a decent gaming rig. Havent built one in quit some time so im lost on all the new procs & everything
  3. Yeah I was thinking about going for the Gigabyte S3 or DS3. Would the DS3 be a better choice? I'd like a moboard that I can upgrade in 18-24 months if at all possible. Glad to hear the PSU isn't crap. I'm also changing my DVD burner from IDE to SATA so I can hook up an old 250gb harddrive to store my music and whatnot.

As far as price goes Dim3nsion, that set up was only ~923 before S/H. Which is pretty sweet!

Thanks for the feedback
  4. The only difference between the S3 and the DS3 is the capacitors. Don't sweat it tho. The S3 will last you longer than you'll need it to.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems Product