No more newsgroup messages

I have XP Home.

For quite some time I've had
"microsoft.public.word.customization.menustoolbars" Ng to handle any Word
problems. For the past few days I didn't get any more fresh downloads of
message headers. Thinking it was faulty, I unsubscribed and subscribed
again. I have used this method successfully before. But now there are no
messages at all. Its zero. I had a question posted and I don't know if I had
got any replies to attend to. What could be wrong?
Tia
3 answers Last reply
More about newsgroup messages

    Sorry, but I have solved the problem. Right click the Ng in the left pane,
    Properties/Local File/Reset, and go download the NG again and all the
    headers came back on.

    "Ben Stevenson" <nospam@firestorml.com> wrote in message
    > I have XP Home.
    >
    > For quite some time I've had
    > "microsoft.public.word.customization.menustoolbars" Ng to handle any Word
    > problems. For the past few days I didn't get any more fresh downloads of
    > message headers. Thinking it was faulty, I unsubscribed and subscribed
    > again. I have used this method successfully before. But now there are no
    > messages at all. Its zero. I had a question posted and I don't know if I
    had
    > got any replies to attend to. What could be wrong?
    > Tia

    "Ben Stevenson" <nospam@firestorml.com> wrote in message
    >I have XP Home.
    >
    > For quite some time I've had
    > "microsoft.public.word.customization.menustoolbars" Ng to handle any Word
    > problems. For the past few days I didn't get any more fresh downloads of
    > message headers. Thinking it was faulty, I unsubscribed and subscribed
    > again. I have used this method successfully before. But now there are no
    > messages at all. Its zero. I had a question posted and I don't know if I
    > had
    > got any replies to attend to. What could be wrong?
    > Tia

    I just subscribed to it, and there's plenty of activity, and no, there are
    no answers to your question at this time. I am sorry, I can't suggest
    anything either.

    > "Ben Stevenson" wrote:
    >
    >> I have XP Home. For quite some time I've had
    >> "microsoft.public.word.customization.menustoolbars"
    >> Ng to handle any Word problems. For the past few
    >> days I didn't get any more fresh downloads of
    >> message headers. Thinking it was faulty, I
    >> unsubscribed and subscribed again. I have used this
    >> method successfully before. But now there are no
    >> messages at all. Its zero. (snip)

    I missed your original message, so I'll reply here. You may want to check
    with your ISP to see if they have dropped the newsgroup. Many ISP's are
    cutting newsgroups to save space on their servers. If you ask nicely, most
    will restore the newsgroup.

    However, before doing that, if you're using Outlook's news reader, go to
    the "Tools" menu, select "Options", and then the "Maintenance" tab, to
    "clean up downloaded messages." Afterwards, right-click on the newsgroup
    name in the main window of the news reader (usually located in the far left
    pane) and select "Catch Up." These two actions will clear out the old
    messages stored on your computer (likely many if you've been reading the
    newsgroup for some time) and reset the newsgroup message count to the moment
    you selected the "Catch Up" option (all earlier messages, including your
    own, will no longer be available). Quit the program and come back a few
    hours later to see if any new messages have appeared. If so, your problem is
    fixed. Other news readers may have a similar process to clear out old
    messages and reset the newsgroups.

    Stewart

Newsgroup Microsoft Windows XP