The System Administrator has set policies to prevent this ..

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
September 16, 2004 10:32:57 AM

I'm using a Windows 2000 server, Domain Controller, and
need to install some software. Some software installs
fine and some gets the message above no matter who I'm
logged in under including the Adminstrator. Any pointres
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 9:39:29 PM

Bob wrote:

> I'm using a Windows 2000 server, Domain Controller, and
> need to install some software. Some software installs
> fine and some gets the message above no matter who I'm
> logged in under including the Adminstrator. Any pointres
> would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
Hi

Verify that the registry value DisableMSI under the key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer

is NOT set to 1 or 2 (if it doesn't exist, it will default to 0 for
WinXP or earlier)

If it is set to 1 or 2, change it to 0.

Machine Policies: DisableMSI
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/msi/setup/disab...