The System Administrator has set policies to prevent this ..

I'm using a Windows 2000 server, Domain Controller, and
need to install some software. Some software installs
fine and some gets the message above no matter who I'm
logged in under including the Adminstrator. Any pointres
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
1 answer Last reply
More about system administrator policies prevent

    Bob wrote:

    > I'm using a Windows 2000 server, Domain Controller, and
    > need to install some software. Some software installs
    > fine and some gets the message above no matter who I'm
    > logged in under including the Adminstrator. Any pointres
    > would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    Hi

    Verify that the registry value DisableMSI under the key

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer

    is NOT set to 1 or 2 (if it doesn't exist, it will default to 0 for
    WinXP or earlier)

    If it is set to 1 or 2, change it to 0.

    Machine Policies: DisableMSI
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/msi/setup/disablemsi.asp

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Windows 2000 Domain Controller Software Windows