Group Policy Deployment Verification

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
September 16, 2004 7:48:19 PM

Are there any log files or any ways to verify that a group of workstations
receive a GPO? For instance:

I deploy an .MSI file to an OU with 100 workstations in the container. How
do I, as an administrator, know if each and every one of the workstations
within that OU receive the .MSI package? Am I just trusting Active
Directory? Or are there any logs on the server that can specify which
workstations received the package and which ones didn't?

Thnaks in advance.

BT
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 2:37:55 AM

The logs are client side. Check the app event log for events from
APplication Management and UserEnv.

Brian Desmond
Windows Server MVP
desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us