My Documents Redirection

Hi,

Does anyonw know how you can redirect the my documents
path to a network location via group policy ?

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Michael

Michael,

This is the way to do it - to a network location, I mean.

The way that I do it is to create a shared folder, usually called mydocs,
and in the GPO simply point the path to the following location:
\\servername\mydocs\%username% and it works automagically!

If you are going to redirect other things ( like the start menu or the
desktop ) then I would *STRONGLY* encourage you to have a shared folder for
each one ( so you would create a shared folder 'start' and point the path to
\\servername\start\%username% for the start menu and you would create a
shared folder 'desktop' and point the path to
\\servername\desktop\%username% for the desktop ). If you point everything
to the same shared folder - which a lot of people do - then you are going to
get to learn the definition of misery ( from an Administrative point of
view! ).

HTH,

Cary