Acrobat Reader 6.0.2 using GPO?

Does anyone know how to deploy Acrobat Reader 6.0.2 using GPO?

I have downloaded the new 6.0.2 setup, but it is really a 6.0.1 MSI
with the 6.0.2 patch that installs when using a regular setup. When
using GPO it only installs 6.0.1. I have extracted the MSI from the
separate downloadable 6.0.2 update, but it won't install from a
separate GPO after I have deployed 6.0.1 using GPO. I would prefer to
deploy it all in 1 GPO if possible so it can be deployed to new PC's
that do not have any version on Acrobat Reader.

Thanks

Jared

Distinguished
May 1, 2004

Nope... the 6.0.2 binary patch has to be run.

Adobe has not released a .msi that you can push out 6.0.2 with. You have to
push 6.0.1 with the gpo, and then use a login/startup script to push the
patch.

Jared
"Fat Bastard" <fbastard@satan.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to deploy Acrobat Reader 6.0.2 using GPO?
>
> I have downloaded the new 6.0.2 setup, but it is really a 6.0.1 MSI
> with the 6.0.2 patch that installs when using a regular setup. When
> using GPO it only installs 6.0.1. I have extracted the MSI from the
> separate downloadable 6.0.2 update, but it won't install from a
> separate GPO after I have deployed 6.0.1 using GPO. I would prefer to
> deploy it all in 1 GPO if possible so it can be deployed to new PC's
> that do not have any version on Acrobat Reader.
>
> Thanks

I have pushed the 6.0.2 MSI using GPO but that worked because it
already had 6.0.1. The part I didn't like is it now has 2 separate
entires in Add/Remove Programs. I was hoping if someone knew the
possible combination (order, upgrade, etc.) needed in GPO to make it
work so it would install 6.0.1 and then 6.0.2 all using GPO.

My goal is to make it so we can image a PC with very little on the
image and then GPO will do the rest to install the apps. This way the
image will not need to be changed as often and it adapts better to a
more dynamic environment. Maybe GPO is not the best way to do this in
the long run.

The 6.0.2 MSI can be obtained by starting the install for the
stand-alone 6.0.2 patch. Once it comes to the screen to install it do
not proceed. The MSI should be located in the temp directory under
your user profile.