Mr_S

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
So, i've had my new build for about 4 months, and i've had the problem since the start.

I bought an ASUS M2BPV-VM mobo, and 2GB(2x1gb) Corsair value select VS1GB667D2. Apparently this mobo hates the ram, and only allows me to use one dimm at a time. Both work fine idependantly. When i put the second one in, i get system crashes all the time. They are both in the right channels, i know how to do all that.

I've decided it would be cheaper to replace the mobo, so i can pawn that off to someone else. But i'm looking for a mobo that would fully support the ram that i currently own. Thing is, i have no idea how to go about finding one. Any ideas?

Bache

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
So, i've had my new build for about 4 months, and i've had the problem since the start.

I bought an ASUS M2BPV-VM mobo, and 2GB(2x1gb) Corsair value select VS1GB667D2. Apparently this mobo hates the ram, and only allows me to use one dimm at a time. Both work fine idependantly. When i put the second one in, i get system crashes all the time. They are both in the right channels, i know how to do all that.

I've decided it would be cheaper to replace the mobo, so i can pawn that off to someone else. But i'm looking for a mobo that would fully support the ram that i currently own. Thing is, i have no idea how to go about finding one. Any ideas?
Well :roll: if you go to ie. ASUS web site, they state supported ram in the manual that can be downloaded.

However note: not all ram listed, they don't test all ram.

I have used unlisted ram and it works great.

Some ram that is supposedly OK has been known to cause problems.

Hope above info helps :lol:

Bache

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
System specs in sig
I had that board - now that you have corrected # to M2NPV-VM and ram fitted was Hynix general spec ram.

In fact I've used that ram in a number of PC builds and never had any problems.

If the board has a bad memory controller, it won't work using certain slots. If both memory sticks work one at a time in each slot, then the problem is with your memory timings. I would experiment and try some different settings before giving up on the board. You can also bump up the ram voltage .1-.2 volts without hurting the ram.

Mr_S

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
If the board has a bad memory controller, it won't work using certain slots. If both memory sticks work one at a time in each slot, then the problem is with your memory timings. I would experiment and try some different settings before giving up on the board. You can also bump up the ram voltage .1-.2 volts without hurting the ram.

Not sure about how to do that, how can i make sure the timings are correct? I haven't fiddled with any of that.

Mr_S

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
Can anyone help me with the ram timings? Or even link me to something that tells me what it is heheh