Xclio Stablepower, not in PSU list, how is it??

omgitslong

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
I'm planning to purchase a PSU for my mid-range computer in my sig. I think 500W is more than enough to last me a year or two.

Money is the issue here, so I prefer something ~500W and ~$60, so I came up with this Xclio Stablepower 500W, 2 x 18A, unfortunately it wasn't mentioned on the PSU list.

According to what I see, Xclio's PSU line has 4 'types':
- Xclio
- Xclio Goodpower
- Xclio Stablepower
- Xclio Greatpower

but only the Xclio Greatpower is mentioned in Tier 2 of the PSU list.

Can anyone tell me if it's a good choice?

and also, what benefits does PFC active PSU have over the nonPFC PSU??

Thanks in advance.

If it's not a Greatpower then it's not a very good PSU. You may want to look at another brand. What is you price range and where are you at?

An unfair assessment for a relatively new PSU that have not been reviewed yet.

To the OP:

Most of the good 500w PSU are at least $85. Typically less than that will get you average 500w PSUs or just plain bad ones (under $50). A price range will help home in on a better PSU.

PFC doesn't really affect the normal consumer. Most of the less expenisve ones have passive PFC, while more expenive ones have Actvie PFC. That's due to the electronics to basically make sure the power is in phase. There are a few that have no PFC at all but that's only a handful. I haven't heard of anyone have problems with a PSU with no PFC at all, but I suppose a person with "dirty electricity" due to home wiring may have issues.

Many people believe PFC will lower power consumption. That's not entirely true because home owners pays for watts per hour. However business pays for electricity by how much amps they use, Active PFC will lower the amount of wasted amps.