Default Save Location

Hi All,

I was wondering is anyone here can help me. I want to
change the default save location for all users from my
documents to their shared drive (p:\ drive) on the network
using group policy. I dont want to redirect my documents
to the network.

Any ideas ?

Sandra

Sandra,

Good morning! Please do not misunderstand what I am about to write - I am
not being mean, I promise.

Please do a search in this newsgroup - as well as any other newsgroup that
might be applicable - before posting a question. If you look down about 25
posts ( just guessing here, it might be more or it might be less ) you will
notice a post from Catherine Power that I answered. This is exactly your
question. I think that I gave a pretty straightforward answer. But then
again.....

Anyway, does that answer your question?

HTH,

Cary

"Sandra McPherson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I was wondering is anyone here can help me. I want to
> change the default save location for all users from my
> documents to their shared drive (p:\ drive) on the network
> using group policy. I dont want to redirect my documents
> to the network.
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Sandra

No offence taken Cary,

I had done this already but I realized that there would be
a problem if users were using products other than word
such as autocad or photoshop. I was wondering if there is
a way so change the default path for all applications, not
just members of the office suit ?

Thanks

Sandra

See tip 2514 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 08:49:30 -0700, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>No offence taken Cary,
>
>I had done this already but I realized that there would be
>a problem if users were using products other than word
>such as autocad or photoshop. I was wondering if there is
>a way so change the default path for all applications, not
>just members of the office suit ?
>
>Thanks
>
>Sandra

Jerold Schulman