Edit the GRO programmatically

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

I am currently coding the GPO. Unfortunately, there is not much info on the
topic in MSDN.
I want to edit the Group Policy Settings through IGroupPolicyObject
porgrammatically.
Any related links/working samples are highly appreciated. Please help.
TIA.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

This currently cannot be done.

Brian Desmond
Windows Server MVP
desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us

Http://www.briandesmond.com

"HelpNeeded" <anonymous@discussions.com> wrote in message
> I am currently coding the GPO. Unfortunately, there is not much info on
the
> topic in MSDN.
> I want to edit the Group Policy Settings through IGroupPolicyObject
> porgrammatically.
> Any related links/working samples are highly appreciated. Please help.
> TIA.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

Thanks Brian.

But please refer to this link :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/policy/policy/igrouppolicyobject.asp

It says :
"The IGroupPolicyObject interface provides methods to create and modify a
GPO directly, without using the Group Policy Object Editor."

What does this mean? Is there no way out?
Please suggest.

TIA.

"Brian Desmond [MVP]" <desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us> wrote in message
> This currently cannot be done.

> Brian Desmond
> Windows Server MVP
> desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us
>
> Http://www.briandesmond.com
>

> "HelpNeeded" <anonymous@discussions.com> wrote in message
> > I am currently coding the GPO. Unfortunately, there is not much info on
> the
> > topic in MSDN.
> > I want to edit the Group Policy Settings through IGroupPolicyObject
> > porgrammatically.
> > Any related links/working samples are highly appreciated. Please help.
> > TIA.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

If you look at the methods on IGroupPolicyObject you will notice that none
of them address what you're after. That interface just helps manage GP
objects themselves, not their settings. So, unfortunately, currently there
is no programmatic way to modify GP settings.

--
Darren Mar-Elia
MS-MVP-Windows Server--Group Policy