GPO and groups

ricardo

If in a OU there's only a secure group and I link a GPO to this OU, Will the
users who belong to this group be affected by the GPO ?

Thanks,

Absolutely not!

This question is asked often in this NG. GPOs affect only computer account
objects and user account objects which directly reside in the OU to which
the GPO in question is linked.

So, if all of the user account objects reside in the default location ( in
the USERS container ) and you create an OU and populate it with a security
group that has each and every domain user account in your domain and then
create a GPO and link it to that OU it will not work. You would have to
move the user account objects to that OU. Then it would work.

HTH,

Cary