where do deleted cached copies of roaming profiles go?

I enabled "delete cached copies of roaming profiles" in my
AD. Everything seemed to be fine except for one user who's
outlook.pst file was deleted with the cached profile after
logging off. 1) I thought that all settings/files/data
were stored on the server and don't know why his .pst file
didn't "travel" with the rest of his profile. 2)
Regardless, where did it go? It's not in the recycle bin
and even a dos-level mining attempt to find the file came
up short. Anybody know where it went?

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 14:24:20 -0700, "bpatlen" <bpatlen@clsnet.org> wrote:

>I enabled "delete cached copies of roaming profiles" in my
>AD. Everything seemed to be fine except for one user who's
>outlook.pst file was deleted with the cached profile after
>logging off. 1) I thought that all settings/files/data
>were stored on the server and don't know why his .pst file
>didn't "travel" with the rest of his profile. 2)
>Regardless, where did it go? It's not in the recycle bin
>and even a dos-level mining attempt to find the file came
>up short. Anybody know where it went?

It went to the bit bucket in the sky.

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP