p5nsli, no beep but no display

j0j0m0nk3y

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2007
I have a p5nsli with a XFX GeForce 7600 GT installed. Nothing else is in the thing except the processor (Pent D830). I turn it on and get no display with no beeps. Already tried resetting the CMOS by removing the battery and changing the jumper. Any other suggestions? What could I be doing wrong? (Fan on the video card is spinning, tried both connectors and both slots on the mobo)

PSU is a 550 Watt CX-series.

gscrugg2

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2007
sounds like bad memory. Id try 1 stick at a time in the black slots. Also check all your power connections to the motherboard and stuff like that.

paraffin

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2007
What are the exact symptons?

I had a problem where the fans came on for a split second and then it all shut down again, no beeps no display?

Are these the symptons you have?

Sowers

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2007
Paraffin I am having a similar problem to the one you described, since no one has responded to my post I will ask you here...

My system will turn on, fans spin for a split second then turn off, then it boots back up and stays on with no beeps and no display.... It was beeping once then twice then cutting off but I think after readjusting the ram this is fixed. Now I just can't get the display to show. The GPU fan is spinning and everything seems to be working fine except no display on the monitor.

Izzardius

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2006
What are the exact symptons?

I had a problem where the fans came on for a split second and then it all shut down again, no beeps no display?

Are these the symptons you have?

I have the same symptoms-any help would be greatly appreciated.

SilentBob66

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2007
This may sound silly, but a friend of mine had similar problems and found that he had not connected the Aux12v connector to the MB.

Some people have said to try putting both sticks of ram in the black slots.

sausagemandan

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
I just got my board and have same problem fans spin for a second and then shut off cant get any further.
pn5 e sli
conroe 6600
2 gig wintec 4-4-4-12 1.9-2v
xfx 7900 gs extreme
550 power supply also tried my 650 sli coolermaster
just a harddrive and a cd burner

Pappon

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
I had the same Problem, though everything was plugged in... turnd out to be a falty montherboard. swaped it and worked fine

boostedover20

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2007
I've seen a number of posts concerning the ASUS mobos and the "no display" condition, on boot, and I thought I'd pass along the following observations. My son and I just built a low-end system for his kids, using an ASUS P5nsli mobo and an ASUS case w/PSU, WD sata 160GB, 2 meg ram, 9500GT, and reusing the CD/DVD and display. Upon first start-up, nada (bad PSU). Second try, a beep, HD active, fans going, no display. Changed the graphics card, no display. Changed the mobo, no display. Re-installed the graphics card and drivers, got visible post and installed XP. Re-boot, no display. Got display after random pushing of monitor switch. Updated nvidia driver. Booted, seemed OK. Re-booted, monitor would not switch on, and would switch off if switched on.

Replaced (admittedly old 17" ) with new sammy 19, and everything is fine!

Is it possible that the ASUS (since this is seen on other board models as well) boards have some unique monitor switching signals