Ati R600 - what case will it fit in?

Featherstone

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2005
Do not base anything on what the inquirer said. They make up lots of stuff... You won't know if it will fit into a certain case until samples ship to sites for benchmarking a few weeks before it comes out.

Valtiel

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2005
There is just no way the R600 will be a foot long. It won't fit into anything but the largest of cases. ATI would miss out on a lot of business. I think the 12" is for OEMs (assuming it really IS 12").

John_C

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2006
There is just no way the R600 will be a foot long. It won't fit into anything but the largest of cases. ATI would miss out on a lot of business. I think the 12" is for OEMs (assuming it really IS 12").
I am really looking forward to having info other than rumors to go by. Come on ATI... I am sure nvidia already knows what you'll be doing so let the rest of us in on the plan please.

stefx

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2006

Yeah but then again... ATI will miss out on a lot of business if they didn't use the standard connector from current PSUs, and it looks like they will require a special 8-pin connector.

Buyers will have to change their PSU or add an aux add-on GFX PSU. That might push many potential buyers to go with the G80, less hassle.

ecca

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2006
Unlikely, it will probably come with a 6pin-8pin adapter like current cards have a molex-6pin adapter.

TRENDING THREADS