folder redirection

JAS

if using folder redirection for my documents to a local network share
such as \\server\users\%username% ... what happens if the folder you are
moving the my documents to already has files in there that have the same
name but say different dates of creation?

im thinking it might be safer to create a new fresh place for folder
redirection and then copy the content from the existing share if
required ... ?

clayton

Let me give you an example of how I redirect the folders
here...
In my path it reads...
\\ServerName\users\%username%\FolderName (like My
Documents)
This way the redirection creates the folder.
If you have a My Docs folder with info already in it the
you might want to remove this info and place it elsewhere
but then again I am confused on how you posed this
question.
Did you manually move your My Documents from the desktop
to the share or what?
:)