no redirection

Simon

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001

Hi

I have applied a group policy on my home LAN (windows
2003 server) so mydoc,app data,desktop are redirected to
a share on the server

when synchronising files at logon/logoff the app data
doesnt sync and i get access denied erros, the other 2
are file tho??

I have made sure the permissions on the app
data ,mydocs,desktop folders are the same on the server
but still the app data fails to sync.

I am out of ideas, I have even removed and receated the
policy to no avail

If you can fix this you are a genius

Here's hoping....

Simon

Simon,

Did you create a folder for each of them? Meaning, do you have a
\\servername\mydocs\ and a \\servername\appdata\ and a \\servername\desktop
and have each redirected via \\servername\mydocs\%username% and
\\servername\appdata\%username% and \\servername\desktop\%username%?

Also, what are the permissions on the shared folders? Remember that there
is the Share permission and then the NTFS permission.

HTH,

Cary

"simon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have applied a group policy on my home LAN (windows
> 2003 server) so mydoc,app data,desktop are redirected to
> a share on the server
>
> when synchronising files at logon/logoff the app data
> doesnt sync and i get access denied erros, the other 2
> are file tho??
>
> I have made sure the permissions on the app
> data ,mydocs,desktop folders are the same on the server
> but still the app data fails to sync.
>
> I am out of ideas, I have even removed and receated the
> policy to no avail
>
> If you can fix this you are a genius
>
> Here's hoping....
>
> Simon

when creating the the folder redirection policy I selected
redirect all to same location and the create a user folder
for each user under the \\enterprise2003\home folders
location

so in the home folder on the server there is a folder for
each user then within that folder an appdata,mydocs, etc -
these were created I assume by the policy as I never
manually made these folders

The home folder is shared the appdata,mydocs,startmenu etc
folders with in it are not - is this the problem? if it
is why do the other folders sync OK?

permissions are full control for system,network,ent admins
and the user in question, the user is also the owner of
the redirected folder

does that explain more??

This is a big mistake!

Cary