Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

no redirection

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
September 22, 2004 5:36:57 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy (More info?)

Hi

I have applied a group policy on my home LAN (windows
2003 server) so mydoc,app data,desktop are redirected to
a share on the server

when synchronising files at logon/logoff the app data
doesnt sync and i get access denied erros, the other 2
are file tho??

I have made sure the permissions on the app
data ,mydocs,desktop folders are the same on the server
but still the app data fails to sync.

I am out of ideas, I have even removed and receated the
policy to no avail

If you can fix this you are a genius

Here's hoping....

Simon

More about : redirection

Anonymous
September 23, 2004 12:19:19 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy (More info?)

Simon,

Did you create a folder for each of them? Meaning, do you have a
\\servername\mydocs\ and a \\servername\appdata\ and a \\servername\desktop
and have each redirected via \\servername\mydocs\%username% and
\\servername\appdata\%username% and \\servername\desktop\%username%?

Also, what are the permissions on the shared folders? Remember that there
is the Share permission and then the NTFS permission.

HTH,

Cary

"simon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:045d01c4a0e3$e7974f50$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> Hi
>
> I have applied a group policy on my home LAN (windows
> 2003 server) so mydoc,app data,desktop are redirected to
> a share on the server
>
> when synchronising files at logon/logoff the app data
> doesnt sync and i get access denied erros, the other 2
> are file tho??
>
> I have made sure the permissions on the app
> data ,mydocs,desktop folders are the same on the server
> but still the app data fails to sync.
>
> I am out of ideas, I have even removed and receated the
> policy to no avail
>
> If you can fix this you are a genius
>
> Here's hoping....
>
> Simon
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 11:57:00 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy (More info?)

when creating the the folder redirection policy I selected
redirect all to same location and the create a user folder
for each user under the \\enterprise2003\home folders
location

so in the home folder on the server there is a folder for
each user then within that folder an appdata,mydocs, etc -
these were created I assume by the policy as I never
manually made these folders

The home folder is shared the appdata,mydocs,startmenu etc
folders with in it are not - is this the problem? if it
is why do the other folders sync OK?

permissions are full control for system,network,ent admins
and the user in question, the user is also the owner of
the redirected folder

does that explain more??
>-----Original Message-----
>Simon,
>
>Did you create a folder for each of them? Meaning, do
you have a
>\\servername\mydocs\ and a \\servername\appdata\ and a
\\servername\desktop
>and have each redirected via \\servername\mydocs\%
username% and
>\\servername\appdata\%username% and \\servername\desktop\%
username%?
>
>Also, what are the permissions on the shared folders?
Remember that there
>is the Share permission and then the NTFS permission.
>
>HTH,
>
>Cary
>
>"simon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>news:045d01c4a0e3$e7974f50$a301280a@phx.gbl...
>> Hi
>>
>> I have applied a group policy on my home LAN (windows
>> 2003 server) so mydoc,app data,desktop are redirected to
>> a share on the server
>>
>> when synchronising files at logon/logoff the app data
>> doesnt sync and i get access denied erros, the other 2
>> are file tho??
>>
>> I have made sure the permissions on the app
>> data ,mydocs,desktop folders are the same on the server
>> but still the app data fails to sync.
>>
>> I am out of ideas, I have even removed and receated the
>> policy to no avail
>>
>> If you can fix this you are a genius
>>
>> Here's hoping....
>>
>> Simon
>
>
>.
>
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 10:58:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy (More info?)

This is a big mistake!

Cary

<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0cb101c4a17d$940cb060$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> when creating the the folder redirection policy I selected
> redirect all to same location and the create a user folder
> for each user under the \\enterprise2003\home folders
> location
>
> so in the home folder on the server there is a folder for
> each user then within that folder an appdata,mydocs, etc -
> these were created I assume by the policy as I never
> manually made these folders
>
> The home folder is shared the appdata,mydocs,startmenu etc
> folders with in it are not - is this the problem? if it
> is why do the other folders sync OK?
>
> permissions are full control for system,network,ent admins
> and the user in question, the user is also the owner of
> the redirected folder
>
> does that explain more??
> >-----Original Message-----
> >Simon,
> >
> >Did you create a folder for each of them? Meaning, do
> you have a
> >\\servername\mydocs\ and a \\servername\appdata\ and a
> \\servername\desktop
> >and have each redirected via \\servername\mydocs\%
> username% and
> >\\servername\appdata\%username% and \\servername\desktop\%
> username%?
> >
> >Also, what are the permissions on the shared folders?
> Remember that there
> >is the Share permission and then the NTFS permission.
> >
> >HTH,
> >
> >Cary
> >
> >"simon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
> >news:045d01c4a0e3$e7974f50$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> I have applied a group policy on my home LAN (windows
> >> 2003 server) so mydoc,app data,desktop are redirected to
> >> a share on the server
> >>
> >> when synchronising files at logon/logoff the app data
> >> doesnt sync and i get access denied erros, the other 2
> >> are file tho??
> >>
> >> I have made sure the permissions on the app
> >> data ,mydocs,desktop folders are the same on the server
> >> but still the app data fails to sync.
> >>
> >> I am out of ideas, I have even removed and receated the
> >> policy to no avail
> >>
> >> If you can fix this you are a genius
> >>
> >> Here's hoping....
> >>
> >> Simon
> >
> >
> >.
> >
!