Disable Windows Update

I am implementing a SUS Server. I was wondering when I do
this will the Automatic updates be diabled in the control
panel or is there a setting in Group Policy I need to
change.

Thanks

Michael

Hi Michael

You actually configure the automatic updates to point at your SUS server.
This can be done via group policy under

Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components ->
Windows Update.

Kind regards
--
Mark Renoden [MSFT]
Windows Platform Support Team

"Michael Carty" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am implementing a SUS Server. I was wondering when I do
> this will the Automatic updates be diabled in the control
> panel or is there a setting in Group Policy I need to
> change.
>
> Thanks
>
> Michael

I was wondering if there is a way of stopping people doing
manual updates, even if the Automatic Updates is pointing
to the server

Michael

address to email
>me; I'll post a response back to the group.

confers no rights.

"Michael Carty" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> said

> I was wondering if there is a way of stopping people doing
> manual updates, even if the Automatic Updates is pointing
> to the server

You can do that via a GPO.
User Config/Admin Templates/Windows Components/Windows Update/Remove access
to use Windows Update features. Set to Enabled

Thais will stop the user using Windows Update but will not prevent your
Automatic Updates from working.

--
Andy.