Sign in with
Your question

Does anyone know how to get rid of these HORRIBLE jaggies?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 21, 2007 10:29:19 AM

one thing that bothers me is how when i have 16xQ anti aliasing enabled, everything is smooth except for a few things such as THIS:

it puzzles me how i can get those even on 16xQ. i have tried 16xQ 16x 8xQ 8x 4x and 2x, and they all produce the same thing.

More about : rid horrible jaggies

January 21, 2007 11:17:52 AM

Would need a little info before making any suggestions :) 

What gfx card are you using?
What drivers and version are you using?
Where are you setting AA?
Which game is the screenie from?
January 21, 2007 11:29:29 AM

Try sitting farther away from the monitor and you won't see it.
Related resources
January 21, 2007 12:25:33 PM

Quote:

hahaha! that is the best reply yet :lol: 
January 21, 2007 12:47:04 PM

Quote:

Seriously, its not good for your eyes to so close with the monitor. I sit about 3 feet away from my 19" LCD.
January 21, 2007 1:04:49 PM

Quote:

It's true.

Even with most HDTVs, if you sit too close, the quality is pretty bad.
January 21, 2007 1:54:18 PM

Looks to me like you have you have your screen resolution set too low.

Games usually have their own screen resolution settings, as well as windows's own desktop resolution settings. Check both.
January 21, 2007 2:04:33 PM

Quote:
thanks for that advice, im sure it will come in handy :roll:

Well the OP is obviously a newb so I replied that way...
a b U Graphics card
January 21, 2007 2:27:42 PM

Simple, If it bothers you Don't Enable It ! :lol: 
a b U Graphics card
January 21, 2007 2:32:44 PM

Hi Scotland ! I'm hoping to get a chance to come over and visit soon, I'm Scotch/Irish by birth and want to see the real homeland, seen a lot of pictures of your homeland and they're quite beautiful. Have a great day! Ry
January 21, 2007 4:09:19 PM

Yeah, sometimes I watch movies on my pc since it got nice sound card and speakers. But when I sit too close I could see them pixels and it just annoys me. Now I sit about 10 feet away while watching the movies and it looks really good. For gaming I sit about 3 feet away, no jaggies visible with 2xAA, so I get smoother performance.
a b U Graphics card
January 21, 2007 4:15:39 PM

Thanks for the advice! :wink:
January 21, 2007 4:22:18 PM

couple questions:

what resolution are you playing at?
why are you magnifying the screenshot?

from the magnifying screen, i can clearly tell FSAA IS working. but it's a little silly to magnify it since you're not playing the game that way.
January 21, 2007 4:59:14 PM

Quote:
Yeah, sometimes I watch movies on my pc since it got nice sound card and speakers. But when I sit too close I could see them pixels and it just annoys me. Now I sit about 10 feet away while watching the movies and it looks really good. For gaming I sit about 3 feet away, no jaggies visible with 2xAA, so I get smoother performance.

yeah... 4x is usually good enough for me. i game at 1600x1200.
January 21, 2007 5:00:14 PM

What you're seeing is the fault of the game you have purchased. Maybe you should return your videocard as you obviously don't know how to use it properly. :?
January 21, 2007 5:07:42 PM

what the hell is that pic in ur avatar?
January 21, 2007 5:08:50 PM

Quote:

LOL, I wondered that for a long time. :lol: 
January 21, 2007 5:22:35 PM

It looks like the Jonestown massacre site- hey koolaid!

editted fur spelling - sunday bedhead in progress
January 21, 2007 5:45:55 PM

Quote:
It looks like the Jonestown massacre site- hey koolaid!

editted fur spelling - sunday bedhead in progress
That's correct, although another good guess would be the future AMD. :wink:
January 21, 2007 7:39:54 PM

Quote:
one thing that bothers me is how when i have 16xQ anti aliasing enabled, everything is smooth except for a few things such as THIS:

it puzzles me how i can get those even on 16xQ. i have tried 16xQ 16x 8xQ 8x 4x and 2x, and they all produce the same thing.

I wish I had image quality like that.
January 22, 2007 12:33:58 AM

1600x1200 resolution
i magnified it so people can see it easier. the first one is normal second is magnified 200%

i usually see them on parts where multiple verticies overlap

i bought an 8800gtx so i want to make the game look as good as possible and was wondering if there was a setting or something i could do to enhance the anti aliasing
January 22, 2007 5:40:57 AM

As many have said there is no problem with the image. It's probably the limits of that game's graphical capabilities :?

thats my 2 frames.
January 22, 2007 6:19:10 AM

its not the limit of the games capabilities
the game is oblivion first of all
second i think it has to do with the fact that it is trying to anti alias two things that are very close to each other
January 22, 2007 6:20:28 AM

Quote:
Hi Scotland ! I'm hoping to get a chance to come over and visit soon, I'm Scotch/Irish by birth and want to see the real homeland, seen a lot of pictures of your homeland and they're quite beautiful. Have a great day! Ry

So you were born in both Scotland AND Ireland? Might explain the 'troubles' you have with asus MB's... :wink:
January 22, 2007 7:50:47 AM

Quote:

LOL, I wondered that for a long time. :lol: 

Yeah, I keep on wondering about that as well.
January 22, 2007 9:33:44 AM

Quote:
its not the limit of the games capabilities
the game is oblivion first of all
second i think it has to do with the fact that it is trying to anti alias two things that are very close to each other

do you wanna post the entire screen shot rather than just that bit?
January 22, 2007 8:01:33 PM

Quote:
who said the textures in oblivion are good. the scenes are quite large and there is alot to render. if they used really high res textures it would be even harder on systems than it already is.

maybe it is just mine but if you look to closely at alot of textures like shields and walls they are really coarse. your expectations are unjustified and as far as i can see niether the game nor the card is at fault only your ignorance. sorry to say that but people buy the latest tech and games and expect miracles.

Could not be said better :)  (maybe a little friendlier but what ever :roll: )
!