Cannot re-enable Control Panel Display Applet

At some point I restricted users from accessing the Display Applet. When they
"right-click" on the desktop and choose properties it says "Your System
Administrator Disabled the Display Control Panel". I want to change this back
to allow users access but I cannot. On the server, I go to User
Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Display and it says that
DISABLE DISPLAY IN CONTROL PANEL IS not configured. I don't recall where I
was when I made the change. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place.

Hi

Run a gpresult /z (for windows xp) or gpresult /v (for windows 2000) and
have a look at the output to determine where the setting is coming from.
You may be looking at the wrong GPO.

Kind regards
--
Mark Renoden [MSFT]
Windows Platform Support Team

"philbert68" <philbert68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> At some point I restricted users from accessing the Display Applet. When
> they
> "right-click" on the desktop and choose properties it says "Your System
> Administrator Disabled the Display Control Panel". I want to change this
> back
> to allow users access but I cannot. On the server, I go to User
> Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Display and it says
> that
> DISABLE DISPLAY IN CONTROL PANEL IS not configured. I don't recall where I
> was when I made the change. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place.

Thanks man! That was it, I had applied the policy from a different server.
Why I did that is another question! Thanks.