GPO controlled user not able to access internet?

Mike

Splendid

Ok, here is my dilema -

I created an OU called kiosk where I set up a group pol that only allows a
user to open up internet explorer.

Next, I created a user called KUSER inside my Users OU and logged on and set
up the desktop the way I wanted to look before I locked it down.

Once completed, I moved the user into the KIOSK OU and it worked great.

THEN (there's always a then,,) I needed to do some more tweaking to the
desktop so I moved the KUSER out of the KIOSK OU to do the changes. Once I
moved it, I lost internet connectivity. When I tried to open up the IE, it
would request a user sign on. I would try put the KUSER, but it would just
pop up again as if KUSER did not have internet access - which it does.

I have tried deleting the KUSER account and recreating it. I also deleted
the user's folder from the PC, and still no luck.

Anyone have any ideas why this user account is denied internet access?

I have created a new user and called it KUSER2 and it did not have this same
issue? It's as if the KUSER completely locked of all access except logging
on.

Mike,

I did not read your entire post. Have you created loopback GPO?

Cary

"mike" <nosmap> wrote in message
> Ok, here is my dilema -
>
> I created an OU called kiosk where I set up a group pol that only allows a
> user to open up internet explorer.
>
> Next, I created a user called KUSER inside my Users OU and logged on and
set
> up the desktop the way I wanted to look before I locked it down.
>
> Once completed, I moved the user into the KIOSK OU and it worked great.
>
> THEN (there's always a then,,) I needed to do some more tweaking to the
> desktop so I moved the KUSER out of the KIOSK OU to do the changes. Once
> moved it, I lost internet connectivity. When I tried to open up the IE,
it
> would request a user sign on. I would try put the KUSER, but it would
just
> pop up again as if KUSER did not have internet access - which it does.
>
> I have tried deleting the KUSER account and recreating it. I also deleted
> the user's folder from the PC, and still no luck.
>
> Anyone have any ideas why this user account is denied internet access?
>
> I have created a new user and called it KUSER2 and it did not have this
same
> issue? It's as if the KUSER completely locked of all access except
logging
> on.

Mike

Splendid

No, I didn't want to go that far in locking down the computer to everyone as
the KUSER if the the computer was ever needed in another way.