Your question

Socket 478- best boards?

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Asus
  • Socket
Last response: in Motherboards
January 21, 2007 4:29:59 PM

I had a Asus P4c800e deluxe that recently got fried from a PS surge. I have checked Asus and nothing is available, nor can I find it other then Ebay, which it sells for almost the same as I bought it new. I loved the board with the 875 chipset, rock solid.

What I want to know, is what other boards that are still on the market are good mobo's. I have 2.8 prescott with 2 gig (2 sticks of 1 gig) corsair xms for dual channel use. Also would like something with raid on it for my twin raptors.

Would a 478 cpu fit in anything new like the 775?

More about : socket 478 boards

January 21, 2007 6:14:41 PM

478 and 775 are different socket sizes/types, and, as such, are not interchangeable.

Do some research online with computer component suppliers.

:) 
January 21, 2007 6:51:19 PM

Im using the same cpu on my home pc. If you can find one, try the asus P4P800SE. Had it about 3+ years, never had any problems. It has decent oc options, + raid support, it should fit your needs.

The 865pe chipset is virtually identical to the 875 performance wise. I think the only difference between the 2 is support for ecc memory that the 865 doesn't have.

It might be hard to find a P4P800SE too since its just as old as the one you had, but if nothing else it'll give you another option to look for. Good luck.
January 21, 2007 9:33:26 PM

Quote:
I had a Asus P4c800e deluxe that recently got fried from a PS surge. I have checked Asus and nothing is available, nor can I find it other then Ebay, which it sells for almost the same as I bought it new. I loved the board with the 875 chipset, rock solid.

What I want to know, is what other boards that are still on the market are good mobo's. I have 2.8 prescott with 2 gig (2 sticks of 1 gig) corsair xms for dual channel use. Also would like something with raid on it for my twin raptors.

Would a 478 cpu fit in anything new like the 775?
Yeah, if you don't mind lack of overclocking options...this board should suit you well. At least it has the i865 chipset w/RAID...try and stay away from the VIA or SIS chipset boards. GL :) 

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?Product...