How to allow USB to users using GPO

Hello,

I'm having trouble configuring AD in order to allow USB usage by regular
users, like when they need to use a usb scanner or printer but they don't
even see the device installed, unless I give them administrative rights
which, of course, I won't.

The network uses Win 2k Server & Win 2k professional as workstations, and
many different USB printers, scanners, cameras, etc. to which only
administrators have rights to use/see, and I want to expand that possibility
to everyone else, without granting them admn. privileges.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Hi ,

I found a link , which talks about a similar issue. Please read the summary
below , hope it helps. Read the first and second points in the below link.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/en/professional/help/default.asp?url=/w
indows2000/en/professional/help/hardware_install_pnp_device.htm

You may require administrative privileges to add and set up a Plug-and-Play
device. You need administrative privileges if installing the device
requires a user interface or if you experience errors during the
installation process. To add and set up a non Plug-and-Play device
connected directly to your computer, you must be logged on as an
administrator or a member of the Administrators group. If your computer is
connected to a network, network policy settings may also prevent you from
completing this procedure.

If an administrator has already loaded the drivers for the device, you can
install the device without administrator privileges.

Regards,
Venkat.