Internet connection problems

Hi all,

I've been having problems with my dial-up connection since installing
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2. As far as I can recall everything
was working fine until I installed SP2 but now this is what happens (without
fail) every time I connect to the internet:

* I connect as usual & everything works fine for a few minutes ie: web pages
are viewable as normal, email sends/receives ok.
* Then after a very short period my connection will be useless - it doesn't
drop out but won't let me do ANYthing with it, I can't view ANY web pages &
I can't send./receive email or view newsgroups. I can fix the problem by
disconnecting then reconnecting but in the last couple of days I've had to
make maybe 10 phone calls a day to try to get a decent connection for any
one period of time. I'm constantly having to disconnect & reconnect - every
five minutes @ present.
Can anyone PLEASE help to solve this problem? I've contacted TPG (my ISP in
Australia) & am waiting for them to respond but any advice is appreciated,
thanks everyone.

Thanks,
Chris

Try uninstalling SP2 and see if that fixes your problem. If it does not, its
probably your ISP.