Internet Explorer maintenance policy not applied

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.group_policy,microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy (More info?)

Hello all,

I have a GPO managing my Windows 2003 Server Terminal Server NLB cluster
(all latest patches installed). The cluster nodes are in their own OU and
that's where the policy is linked. IE Enhanced Security Configuration (ESC)
is disabled for users and administrators.

This policy has quite a number of settings, both user configuration and
computer configuration, and it is in Loopback mode. All settings are being
applied except the IE Maintenance Security Zones and Privacy. I have added
sites to the Intranet zone in the policy but this is not being applied to
the Terminal Servers.

Also, I have a Default Domain Policy that specifies users homepage and adds
the correct sites into the intranet zone. The homepage part of this policy
is applied to users logging onto the TS but again, the applicable sites are
not added to the intranet zone.

Any ideas will be much appreciated,

Helgi

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.group_policy,microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy (More info?)

Hi Helgi

Check that NoExternalBranding is not set to 1. This lives in

HKCU\\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions

or is set by policy in

Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Internet Explorer\Disable
external branding of Internet Explorer

If that doesn't help, check out the User Environment debug log:

221833 How to enable user environment debug logging in retail builds of
Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=221833

Lastly, you can harvest the brndlog.txt file from <user_profile>\Application
Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer. It might give you a clue.

Kind regards
--
Mark Renoden [MSFT]
Windows Platform Support Team