Userenv

jeff

Hi. We have a very odd situation and I havent found
anything detailing this exactly. Here goes:

We are running a Citrix farm where all the user's home
drives are on a DFS share. The user logs in and it copies
over the information to the Terminal session. When they
log off, it copies back to the DFS share. Throughout the
day, we receive errors in the event viewer application log
all under Source: Userenv and ID 1000. The errors are as
follows:

First you get a "Windows cannot read the history of GPOs
from the registry"

Then you get several of each of the following:

"Windows cannot create registry key
\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explore
r with (6)
\S\M\W\CV\Policies\System with (6)
\S\M\W\CV\Policies\WindowsUpdate with (6)
\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Messenger\Client with (6)
\S\P\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\Trust\Certificate with
(6)
\S\P\M\SC\Trust\CRLs with (6)
\S\P\M\SC\Trust\CTLs with (6)
\S\P\M\Windows\App Management with (6)
\S\P\M\Windows\Network Connections with (6)
\S\P\M\Windows\Safer with (6)
\S\P\M\Windows\System with (6)
\S\P\Microsoft\Windows\MediaPlayer with (6)

We then return to the "Windows cannot read the history of
GPOs from the registry"

Followed by "The Group Policy client side extension
Scripts was passed flags (16) and returned a failure
status code of (6)"

Finally, we end with one last "Windows cannot read the
history of GPOs from the registry"

And then it all happens again later. This happens on all
Terminal Servers in the farm. Any help would be greatly
apprechiated.

Also, I did look at the userenv.log file and can give you
a copy if you want. It basically confirms the failure to
open and create these keys.

Bobster

I am having the same problem and have been trying to resolve it for ages now!

If you come across a solution I would be really greatful if you could share
it because it's really starting to wind me up. Meanwhile I'll keep hunting
and if I find the answer, I'll post it here!

"Jeff" wrote:

> Hi. We have a very odd situation and I havent found
> anything detailing this exactly. Here goes:
>
> We are running a Citrix farm where all the user's home
> drives are on a DFS share. The user logs in and it copies
> over the information to the Terminal session. When they
> log off, it copies back to the DFS share. Throughout the
> day, we receive errors in the event viewer application log
> all under Source: Userenv and ID 1000. The errors are as
> follows:
>
> First you get a "Windows cannot read the history of GPOs
> from the registry"
>
> Then you get several of each of the following:
>
> "Windows cannot create registry key
> \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explore
> r with (6)
> \S\M\W\CV\Policies\System with (6)
> \S\M\W\CV\Policies\WindowsUpdate with (6)
> \Software\Policies\Microsoft\Messenger\Client with (6)
> \S\P\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\Trust\Certificate with
> (6)
> \S\P\M\SC\Trust\CRLs with (6)
> \S\P\M\SC\Trust\CTLs with (6)
> \S\P\M\Windows\App Management with (6)
> \S\P\M\Windows\Network Connections with (6)
> \S\P\M\Windows\Safer with (6)
> \S\P\M\Windows\System with (6)
> \S\P\Microsoft\Windows\MediaPlayer with (6)
>
> We then return to the "Windows cannot read the history of
> GPOs from the registry"
>
> Followed by "The Group Policy client side extension
> Scripts was passed flags (16) and returned a failure
> status code of (6)"
>
> Finally, we end with one last "Windows cannot read the
> history of GPOs from the registry"
>
> And then it all happens again later. This happens on all
> Terminal Servers in the farm. Any help would be greatly
> apprechiated.
>
> Also, I did look at the userenv.log file and can give you
> a copy if you want. It basically confirms the failure to
> open and create these keys.

Hi

Possibly relevant:

319006 Event ID 1000: Windows Cannot Read the History of GPOs from the
Registry
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319006

Kind regards
--