Trouble Changing Homepage

Tags:
  • Internet
  • Windows XP
February 12, 2005 5:35:23 AM

I know how to but it's not doing it if you see what I mean. I go to the page
I want to set as my homepage, bring up the internet options box and select
"Use Current", press apply and then OK but if I bring up the internet
options box again, or click on "Launch Internet Explorer", it's reverted
back to my original homepage. Can anyone enlighten me?

Cheers.

Si

--
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me then a frontal lobotomy.

More about : trouble changing homepage

Anonymous
February 12, 2005 5:35:24 AM

You may have spyware installed on your machine. Download,
update, and run Ad-Aware by Lavasoft, and SpyBot Search
and Destroy. Both are free and available from
www.download.com
If you are on a machine at work or school then it's a
group policy setting that you are not allowed to change.

Anonymous
February 12, 2005 5:21:58 PM

If i was you I would delete any shortcut to IE on yr desktop and only use
the link in the start menu.

Whtat you are doing sounds right but it may be that you have a piece of
adware or spyware on yr machine.

Spy

The mind that is anxious about the future is miserable.

Seneca
"Si" <si@munirs.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>I know how to but it's not doing it if you see what I mean. I go to the
>page I want to set as my homepage, bring up the internet options box and
>select "Use Current", press apply and then OK but if I bring up the
>internet options box again, or click on "Launch Internet Explorer", it's
>reverted back to my original homepage. Can anyone enlighten me?
>
> Cheers.
>
> Si
>

> --
> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me then a frontal lobotomy.

Related resources
February 13, 2005 2:16:40 AM

I already checked for spyware with AdAware and SpySweeper but they didn't
pick up anything. Any other suggestions?

Cheers.

Si

--
"Abel Diaz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You may have spyware installed on your machine. Download,
> update, and run Ad-Aware by Lavasoft, and SpyBot Search
> and Destroy. Both are free and available from
> www.download.com
> If you are on a machine at work or school then it's a
> group policy setting that you are not allowed to change.

February 13, 2005 2:19:52 AM

I just figured it out. It was SpySweepers home page shield option that was
stopping me changing it.

Thanks for your help.

Si

--