Enserric problem..

I got enserric a while ago... well into second level.. I did not
know he would change into a different type of sword. I've bet the
house on short swords so to speak and would like to change enserric
into one. I'm running linux so no toolset for me. any help would be
great.

-----,--'-<{@
DarkRose
@}>-,--'-----
11 answers Last reply
More about enserric problem

    DarkRose wrote:
    > I got enserric a while ago... well into second level.. I did not
    > know he would change into a different type of sword. I've bet the
    > house on short swords so to speak and would like to change enserric
    > into one. I'm running linux so no toolset for me. any help would be
    > great.

    Well, I'm not sure. There are different templates for Enserric in the
    toolset, so you could spawn in the short sword template; however, the
    intelligent sword property is added dynamically when the weapon is first
    spawned. The initial conversation and scripts are local to the Chapter 1
    module, so you can't just run them where you are. I'm afraid the
    simplest solution is a friend with Windows so you can create the
    appropriate weapon in the toolset, drop the .uti file in your /override
    and spawn it into your game.
    --
    Barry Scott Will
    Pyric RPG Publications

    DarkRose wrote:
    > I got enserric a while ago...

    I only went through HotU once and somehow I missed Enserric. Where
    (exactly) is he in Chp 1?
    --
    My NWN Work So Far: http://tinyurl.com/6xy2f
    "Pits of red smoke and fog are usually bad."

    everlast wrote:
    > I only went through HotU once and somehow I missed Enserric. Where
    > (exactly) is he in Chp 1?

    In Undermountain Central, on the north side of the area, is a room with
    a bunch of skeleton royalty. Enserric is in the grip of one of the
    chieftans.
    --
    Barry Scott Will
    Pyric RPG Publications

    On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 15:56:00 GMT, Barry Scott Will
    <nwn_usenet@cavecreations.net> wrote:

    >DarkRose wrote:
    >> I got enserric a while ago... well into second level.. I did not
    >> know he would change into a different type of sword. I've bet the
    >> house on short swords so to speak and would like to change enserric
    >> into one. I'm running linux so no toolset for me. any help would be
    >> great.
    >

    >Well, I'm not sure. There are different templates for Enserric in the
    >toolset, so you could spawn in the short sword template; however, the
    >intelligent sword property is added dynamically when the weapon is first
    >spawned. The initial conversation and scripts are local to the Chapter 1
    >module, so you can't just run them where you are. I'm afraid the
    >simplest solution is a friend with Windows so you can create the
    >appropriate weapon in the toolset, drop the .uti file in your /override
    >and spawn it into your game.

    I am actually IN chapter 1 still.. I goofed.. I'm on level 2 of
    underrmountain.. just cleared level one completely....
    still the only way?
    -----,--'-<{@
    DarkRose
    registered Linux user number 306226
    http://counter.li.org/
    Pull out the "splinter" for email...
    <<Nym>>@"splinter" .DOT. Softhome .Dot. net
    @}>-,--'-----
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    DarkRose wrote:
    > I am actually IN chapter 1 still.. I goofed.. I'm on level 2 of
    > underrmountain.. just cleared level one completely....
    > still the only way?

    Bleah. It's not as simple as I would have thought. I figured you could
    just spawn in the appropriate placeable object that runs the initial
    dialogue and then run the script that starts the dialogue.
    Unfortunately, BW placed down the invisible object and changed the tag,
    but did not create a custom blueprint for it, so you can't spawn it in.

    It's possible you could go back up to that room, use the console to
    reset the variable on the trigger and then step into the trigger again.
    Don't ask me how to do this, BW's site is down right now, so I can't
    look up the list of console commands. If you can't figure it out for
    yourself later, ask again and I'll see if I can help.
    --
    Barry Scott Will
    Pyric RPG Publications

    Barry Scott Will wrote:

    > Bleah. It's not as simple as I would have thought. I figured you could
    > just spawn in the appropriate placeable object that runs the initial
    > dialogue and then run the script that starts the dialogue.
    > Unfortunately, BW placed down the invisible object and changed the
    > tag, but did not create a custom blueprint for it, so you can't spawn
    > it in.

    Then you are screwed, because the invisible conversation placeable is
    destroyed when the conversation ends.

    > It's possible you could go back up to that room, use the console to
    > reset the variable on the trigger and then step into the trigger
    > again. Don't ask me how to do this, BW's site is down right now, so I
    > can't look up the list of console commands. If you can't figure it
    > out for yourself later, ask again and I'll see if I can help.

    Is it possible to enter variables on a trigger, and if yes, how do you do
    it? When I move the cursor over the yellow shape, the icon shifts from the
    spell to the hand symbol, and clicking doesn't seem to have any effect at
    all.

    Hans
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Hans Wein wrote:
    > Then you are screwed, because the invisible conversation placeable is
    > destroyed when the conversation ends.

    It is? Looking at the script that runs on conversation end, the only
    thing that is destroyed is the black sword being held by the chieftan.
    And that's not what is running the conversation.

    > Is it possible to enter variables on a trigger, and if yes, how do you do
    > it?

    I'm thinking dm_setvarint could be used and the trigger targeted. I'd
    have to play all the way through to that area to check, but you can give
    it a try. Use

    dm_setvarint nTriggered 0

    and target the trigger and then step into it and see if the conversation
    runs again.
    --
    Barry Scott Will
    Pyric RPG Publications

    Barry Scott Will wrote:
    > Hans Wein wrote:
    >> Then you are screwed, because the invisible conversation placeable is
    >> destroyed when the conversation ends.
    >
    > It is? Looking at the script that runs on conversation end, the only
    > thing that is destroyed is the black sword being held by the chieftan.
    > And that's not what is running the conversation.

    You probably overlooked the scripts which always are triggered when a
    conversation ends or is aborted (select the rightmost tab in the condition
    window of the conversation editor). It isn't used very much, and in most
    cases it triggers the default file "nw_walk_wp", but here it is different:
    q2b_endcon_iw. BTW: I verified it by changing the invisible object into a
    visible one. It really vanishes when the conversation ends.

    >> Is it possible to enter variables on a trigger, and if yes, how do
    >> you do it?
    >
    > I'm thinking dm_setvarint could be used and the trigger targeted. I'd
    > have to play all the way through to that area to check, but you can
    > give it a try. Use

    > dm_setvarint nTriggered 0
    >
    > and target the trigger and then step into it and see if the
    > conversation runs again.

    I tried it, but as far as I can see it isn't possible to target a trigger.
    And besides that, the conversation can't start again because the speaker has
    gone (see above).

    Hans
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    OK, yes, I didn't check the conversation end action. I see what you're
    saying now. Anyway, back to the original question, it's actually a
    simple fix. All you need is a non-static placeable object to run the
    conversation on.

    Download this script:

    http://www.cavesites.com/iw_start.zip

    and extract it to your /override folder. Anywhere in HotU, use the

    dm_runscript iw_start

    console command (in Debug Mode) to spawn in a corpse that will run
    Enserric's initial conversation. You can get as many Enserrics as you
    like this way. :)

    --
    Barry Scott Will
    Pyric RPG Publications

    Barry Scott Will wrote:
    > Anywhere in HotU...

    ....Chapter 1. Forgot the qualifier. This won't work in other HotU
    chapters as the conversation, scripts and weapons are specific to Chapter 1.

    --
    Barry Scott Will
    Pyric RPG Publications

    Barry Scott Will wrote:
    > http://www.cavesites.com/iw_start.zip
    >
    > and extract it to your /override folder. Anywhere in HotU (Chapter 1), use the
    >
    > dm_runscript iw_start
    >
    > console command (in Debug Mode) to spawn in a corpse that will run
    > Enserric's initial conversation. You can get as many Enserrics as you
    > like this way. :)

    You rock.
    --
    My NWN Work So Far: http://tinyurl.com/6xy2f
    "Pits of red smoke and fog are usually bad."
    - Tip from Doom3 Manual

Games Linux Video Games