Sign in with
Your question

AMD/ATi FX12K (former R600?) Specs leaked, early preview !!!

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
January 21, 2007 9:28:33 PM

Truely futuristic, just shows the advantage of using AMD tech and jumping a nod or two in the Fab process leapfrogging the competition;

http://www.jjman.org/modules/sections/index.php?op=view...

Specs:

Pixel Shader units - 136
Vertex Units VEC4 - 42
Speed Processors - 1.8ghz / 1.45ghz asynchronous core.
Memory - 2.1 ghz (no mention of type but at least GDDR4 with mention of further support [GDDR5?])
Vert Fill v/s - 4160mil (about 3 times the X19xx series
Text Fill Mt/s - 43700 (about 3 times the X19xx series)
Memory Bandwidth - 1075 GB/s
Avail. Frame Buffer - 4GB / 2GB onboard
FP 128bpp support for HDR w/AA in Hardware
FP512 max support.
True Displacement mapping - ala Matrox Parhelia? 8)

Support for PCIe 2.0, they say AGP2 express, but I think THAT is a typo.

A pic of the chip with heatspread:

The Card's gonna be BIG too, looks like a Triple or Quad slot cooler. I thought it'd be longer, but looks to be thicker instead. 8O

I expect more info to trickle out over the next few days as we get closer to Vista and DX10 launch info/demos.

It had Advanced HD capabilities in gaming and content playback similar to nV even in naming (cross-licensing?).

Incredible benchmark results. They seem to use leaked info from multiple sites too, I see InQ reviews, Anand, Hexus, and even some THG info (I know Cleeve's been working on some reviews, but I thought Darren got the high profile stuff unfortunately, and Rankor Killers looks like an interesting new benchmark to add). Pretty much triple digit percentage improvement across the board with very little AA or Resolution impact. Imagine Oblivion @ 1920x1440 with triple digit fps, and likely triple digit min fps too.
Seems to be no CPU impact on the games, could be using the FX as a co-processor thus negating the impact of the C2D advantage. It's not affected by the usual bottlenecks it just plows through with linear scaling capability.

Pretty impressive, but like I always say wait for real world results with retail products at this point I doubt they've even finalized specs, this is likely very VERY early silicon not sure it'd even be A00.

------------------------------------------

Caveat emptor respice, adspice, prospice non teneas aurum totum quod splendet ut
ad praesens ova cras pullis sunt meliora , acta est fabula , ab absurdo

More about : amd ati fx12k r600 specs leaked early preview

January 21, 2007 10:05:24 PM

sounds a little fishy to me i mean DX12? i mean DX10 anit even out yet
January 21, 2007 10:05:34 PM

Quote:

Incredible benchmark results. They seem to use leaked info from multiple sites too, I see InQ reviews, Anand, Hexus, and even some THG info (I know Cleeve's been working on some reviews, but I thought Darren got the high profile stuff unfortunately, and Rankor Killers looks like an interesting new benchmark to add). Pretty much triple digit percentage improvement across the board with very little AA or Resolution impact. Imagine Oblivion @ 1920x1440 with triple digit fps, and likely triple digit min fps too.

Don't looked very real to me....

Anyway,when real R600 come out,they'd better be as good or better than nVidia's offering..If not, i don't know what will happen to AMD/ATI...First QuadFX, then this...
January 21, 2007 10:11:57 PM

hi, what is that? a gpu in a cpu or a gpu in a cpu lol

well i guess it is that new cpu+gou amd+ati where worken on? right

well them figures look pritty wankebale lol

good work finding the info, when it is realsed and how much will it be? will it also fit in am2 mobos? i take it no one public knows, what are ure guesses,

i bet it needs a new mobo wich will be expensive and the cpu+gpu will cost a shite load of money!?
January 21, 2007 10:14:20 PM

25nm? Uhm I don't know much about it all, but that seems pretty fake to me... especially seeing as how DAAMIT is having troubles getting into the 65nm with their cpus

hahaha, i just read the end that its a joke... dangit! I wanted it to be real
a b U Graphics card
January 21, 2007 10:22:55 PM

I haven't heard of any troubles with 65nm, especially since ATi uses TSMC and AMD use their own fab.

The review looks pretty credible and professional.
In fact it looks like a review in the style of TheTechReport.

Haven't had time to go over it with a fine tooth comb, watching the Football, with the Fumble TD to start the game and all. 8)

Guess we'll have to wait and see, SahhhweEet ! :mrgreen:
January 21, 2007 10:33:12 PM

8O Could the AMDTi FX12000 finally beat this?

I couldn't find the new new version.
a b U Graphics card
January 21, 2007 10:43:21 PM

8O Yeah, total sweetness. What a link! I bet you couldn't wait to share such a find. I'll have to check it out some more later.

OT, I see the game has your attention too. I gotta say, I was looking forward to this one as i love watching good offense. With those QB's, I expected a few Passing TD's by now. Stinking amazing, it was just 4th and 6 and the Pats made it look easy. And and easy TD to top it. Gotta run, AIW 128 pro is nice around commercials, but it aint the big screen.
January 21, 2007 10:44:02 PM

rofl.. of course it's a fake. :lol: 

Look at these "benchmarks". They were just grabbed from Anandtech and extended for the AMDTi FX12000. :wink:

January 21, 2007 10:45:15 PM

I can't wait to get my FX12Ks in Crossfire! :lol: 
January 21, 2007 10:45:36 PM

Im sorry, but thats blatently shit, as soon as I read the word DX12 I knew it was made up.
a b U Graphics card
January 21, 2007 10:50:32 PM

Quote:
I can't wait to get my FX12Ks in Crossfire! :lol: 

You'll have to get in line behind me. :wink:
a b U Graphics card
January 21, 2007 10:50:59 PM

I was hoping for a better game though, Jeez, 21-3 with 9 mins left in the first half !! :roll:

Glad I have picture in Picture, I can watch the game in big screen and listen/watch to Roper&Ebert in small screen, while surfing here a bit. True multi-tasking even through I'm only single-core. 8)

I just wonder about using the FX12K for F@H I might actually join the THG folding team again. And like HY27 says, imagine Xfire! 8O

I doubt they'll bring it to Laptop though, maybe a stripped down version in the fall? Crossing my fingers, like I did when I posted. :mrgreen:
a b U Graphics card
January 21, 2007 10:55:00 PM

How is that different than other Anand reviews?
The GF8800 results look like extended X1950 results which look like extended GF7900 results.

It's a graph, they get bigger when performance is greater.

That what it would look like if you compared the GF8800 to the GF4ti too, heck compare it to an FX and the scale would be exponentially larger.

Looks like a standard Anand benchmark to me, including no use of AA for the cards that support it. :wink:
a b U Graphics card
January 21, 2007 10:59:16 PM

I hear ya, it was 7-3 when I was typing that. then bam, bam it's turning into a blowout. Anyway, sorry to go OT.

Even a stripped down mobile version would still be jaw dropping. LOL, F@H you could leap up the ranks just running one machine. 8)
a b U Graphics card
January 21, 2007 11:03:30 PM

Quote:
Looks like a standard Anand benchmark to me, including no use of AA for the cards that support it. :wink:
LOL, so true.
January 21, 2007 11:05:41 PM

HAHAHA, sorry Ape, this one smells fake.

"AMDTI SLI Technology"? :lol:  "Patented" :lol: 

"AMDTI PureVideo Technology"? :lol: 

Nice laugh though. :lol: 

EDIT:

HAHA, just noticed AGP2 Express. :lol:  :lol: 
a b U Graphics card
January 21, 2007 11:08:59 PM

Quote:
TheGreatGrapeApe, you've been fu*Ked LOL

ME? Really? You think it's ME who would be FAQed in this case?

Pfft, you need to read the whole thread. I think you're a little mistaken.
a b U Graphics card
January 21, 2007 11:19:59 PM

I think AMD used their friendship with nV to get some cross-licensing agreements. Notice they also got CineFX.

I'm just worried all this and no mention of HDCP support, but with dual 900mhz RAMDACs and dual DVO TMDS it's a 2D editing dream.
a b U Graphics card
January 21, 2007 11:23:30 PM

And to think, some folks doubted the buyout/merge. I guess they lack vision.
January 21, 2007 11:29:22 PM

Quote:
p.s. IF YOU HAVE READ THIS FAR then you would KNOW by now this is totally a joke. I have never seen anyone get mad at my silly mod's before until today when some people accused me of spam and for posting it there at all. It's a joke and meant completely for fun only. If you are mad right now, I DONT CARE :)  Well I care but at least just lighten up good lord. There now get a friggen grip, a clue, some common sense and just try and smile at this mod instead of trying to be a sissy about it. :) :) :) :) 

Also PLEASE if you did enjoy this feature review, please pass it on to your pals without telling them it is in fact NOT REAL and this review is in fact FAKE. Help pass the fun and excitement eh. :) 
January 21, 2007 11:33:55 PM

Quote:
HAHA, just noticed AGP2 Express. :lol:  :lol: 

lol, fake
a b U Graphics card
January 21, 2007 11:35:36 PM

Yeah, it's stinkin' beautiful isn't it.
January 21, 2007 11:43:29 PM

Quote:
I think AMD used their friendship with nV to get some cross-licensing agreements. Notice they also got CineFX.

Yea, looks that way.

Anyway, it looks promising.
January 21, 2007 11:50:09 PM

@ everybody
If it's too good to be true, then it is....
a b U Graphics card
January 21, 2007 11:50:22 PM

That's one serious looking card !!

Reminds me of GW's old GF4Ti as seen in the Album;

You know it's gonna be KickA$$ !!
January 21, 2007 11:57:01 PM

Yeah, it gets really obvious when they have a link to page 2 but not page 3.
January 22, 2007 12:00:49 AM

And when he comments on how it looks like a socket 775. PHOTOSHOP
a b U Graphics card
January 22, 2007 12:02:22 AM

Quote:
Yeah, it gets really obvious when they have a link to page 2 but not page 3.

What are you talking about, the link to page 3 is on the bottom right of page 2 (depending on size of your screen you may need to scroll).
Here's a direct link for those of you who have difficulty reading/scrolling.

Seriously you judge the review by your inability to read it. At least most people are judging it by what they read. :twisted:

Anywhoo, the football game just got interesting again (Indy tied it up), so be back later.
January 22, 2007 12:21:25 AM

Quote:
Truely futuristic, just shows the advantage of using AMD tech and jumping a nod or two in the Fab process leapfrogging the competition;

http://www.jjman.org/modules/sections/index.php?op=view...

Specs:

Pixel Shader units - 136
Vertex Units VEC4 - 42
Speed Processors - 1.8ghz / 1.45ghz asynchronous core.
Memory - 2.1 ghz (no mention of type but at least GDDR4 with mention of further support [GDDR5?])
Vert Fill v/s - 4160mil (about 3 times the X19xx series
Text Fill Mt/s - 43700 (about 3 times the X19xx series)
Memory Bandwidth - 1075 GB/s
Avail. Frame Buffer - 4GB / 2GB onboard
FP 128bpp support for HDR w/AA in Hardware
FP512 max support.
True Displacement mapping - ala Matrox Parhelia? 8)

Support for PCIe 2.0, they say AGP2 express, but I think THAT is a typo.

A pic of the chip with heatspread:

The Card's gonna be BIG too, looks like a Triple or Quad slot cooler. I thought it'd be longer, but looks to be thicker instead. 8O

I expect more info to trickle out over the next few days as we get closer to Vista and DX10 launch info/demos.

It had Advanced HD capabilities in gaming and content playback similar to nV even in naming (cross-licensing?).

Seems to be no CPU impact on the games, could be using the FX as a co-processor thus negating the impact of the C2D advantage. It's not affected by the usual bottlenecks it just plows through with linear scaling capability.

Pretty impressive, but like I always say wait for real world results with retail products at this point I doubt they've even finalized specs, this is likely very VERY early silicon not sure it'd even be A00.

------------------------------------------

Caveat emptor respice, adspice, prospice non teneas aurum totum quod splendet ut
ad praesens ova cras pullis sunt meliora , acta est fabula , ab absurdo

You forgot to mention that this is just a re-badged Intel GFSUX35000. :mrgreen:
a b U Graphics card
January 22, 2007 1:26:24 AM

Well good game between Indy and NE.

Quote:

You forgot to mention that this is just a re-badged Intel GFSUX35000. :mrgreen:

Atually I think that's the direct competition, it is AMD after all, but I think they are meant to go head to head.

Quote:
Furthermore AMD made a new type of memory but it is not DDR

Well XDR/XRam isn't DDR either, it would technically be ODR.
January 22, 2007 3:44:55 AM

As awsome as it would be if real, it seems fake to me. That card on page 3 looks like someone someone made at home. I know it wouldnt be a finished product given the release window is so far out but man it looks horrible. I hope its real, and that the graphics environment is gonna change that drastically but yeah DX12??? SM5.0? Seems a bit out there to me.

Oh NM it says at the bottom of Page 3 its a joke hehe.
a b U Graphics card
January 22, 2007 5:16:14 AM

Well the question arises at this point in time how many people read the whole review when people post things.

Far too often the retraction, caveat, etc. is posted on the last page, even after the conclusion section, but does it ever get as much exposure as those first few hours when the benchie showed Card A decimating Card B?

Some entertainment for the regulars.

BTW, my Caveat was also at the end of my first post, although in parts and in Latin, and who ever reads that. :twisted:
January 22, 2007 5:51:51 AM

Did ATI just opt out of DX10 and unified shaders?
January 22, 2007 6:51:15 AM

this is pure bull****
if ATI has researched a card that is like 100% faster than a nvdia what should they do, purely business point of view

bring out a card that is like 10% - 25% faster than nvidia
this could bring down production cost and still give them the performance card.
if nvidia brings out a new card that beats this ati card, you don't have to do any research to beat the new nvidia card again!
just bring all of your research and knowledge to the market is just plain stupid if it isn't necessary to beat the competition!
a b U Graphics card
January 22, 2007 7:04:19 AM

That's somewhat logical unless you could make it 200-300% faster than the competition, which is about where they are in the review, and still have headroom.
Let's say that they could've achieved 500%, but only launched the 300% then that still leaves your options (over 50% headroom) while accomplishing an unquestioned dominating win, and gives you even higher pricing point (for 200-300% improvement over a GF8800GTX, many people would likely pay closer to $1,000 US [just look at the GTX-512 / GX2 and SLi / Xfire lunacies]).

So if that's the case you then set the bar so far ahead of the competition they can't catch up with current tech even with SLi/Xfire; and even then you slowly ramp up your own speeds, and extend your refresh timelines with the grace you have imbeded in your launch speeds.

Your argument only works if they launch at near full performance, which you are assuming based on unknowns (especially in this review).

Also depends on yields, who knows what they get on the 25nm process, and looks like a very tricky cards to mass produce. :mrgreen:
January 22, 2007 8:54:07 AM

This is written at the bottom of page 3...

Quote:
p.s. IF YOU HAVE READ THIS FAR then you would KNOW by now this is totally a joke. I have never seen anyone get mad at my silly mod's before until today when some people accused me of spam and for posting it there at all. It's a joke and meant completely for fun only. If you are mad right now, I DONT CARE :)  Well I care but at least just lighten up good lord. There now get a friggen grip, a clue, some common sense and just try and smile at this mod instead of trying to be a sissy about it. :) :) :) :) 

Also PLEASE if you did enjoy this feature review, please pass it on to your pals without telling them it is in fact NOT REAL and this review is in fact FAKE. Help pass the fun and excitement eh. :) 

JJMAN.org

ONE LAST TIME!!!
The card is real. I built it myself using all kinds of parts from whatever I could find and soldered them to this video card. The benchmarks are NOT REAL and the card does NOT WORK. This is just a GAG POST but its intended to make someone Smile and or Laugh at the pictures of this silly looking card. Enjoy :) 

well... of course it was a joke... just gotta read it to the end...
January 22, 2007 9:01:20 AM

Quote:
this is pure bull****
if ATI has researched a card that is like 100% faster than a nvdia what should they do, purely business point of view

bring out a card that is like 10% - 25% faster than nvidia
this could bring down production cost and still give them the performance card.
if nvidia brings out a new card that beats this ati card, you don't have to do any research to beat the new nvidia card again!
just bring all of your research and knowledge to the market is just plain stupid if it isn't necessary to beat the competition!

Word.
January 22, 2007 7:49:23 PM

Haha only $299? More like for only a budget price of $5000 you can get this card too or add extra self-powering cooler for $10000!
January 22, 2007 8:05:24 PM

Thanks, that was a good chuckle... :lol: 
January 22, 2007 8:33:06 PM

I believe that was the first time I had an orgasm merely by looking at pictures of ATI's new card!

Well gosh-darn we've come some ways eh? Im leaving tomorrow on vacation to the same place as last January when ATI suprised us by releasing its X1900 series. I wouldnt be suprised if they release their X2800 series then also.

I think the X2800 series will include:
Internal Crossfire (like the X1950XTX)
384mb and 768mb of GDDR4
also loud overpriced and included free: ATI Catalyst fun Center!
Yay!
January 22, 2007 8:42:11 PM

I don't see a dilithium phase inducer on board. How we gonna overclock this bugger? SCOTTYYYYYYYY??????
January 22, 2007 8:57:50 PM

Quote:

this is the funniest spoof ever.

lol all that for only 299, i can see that happening in a bout 4 or 5 years but not now. is that a pentium 4 on the bottom lol

and Ape this amd bandwagon dosent mean anything, intel does the same thing. intel was ahead all those years then fell behind with the release of athalon now intel is ahead again. so its not like AMD had some amazing business plan to fall behind just to jump ahead.
January 22, 2007 9:05:30 PM

And thats not all folks.... We'll also throw in 2 usb 2.0 ports 2, 10/100/1000 Mb LAN ports and.....A 56K modem!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not enough texture memory!?!? BAH!!!!!
Just slap another DIMM in our ADD on memory banks.

This card is so powerful you don't need a computer, infact benches show a PC may slow it down by 25%

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
January 22, 2007 9:17:53 PM

Quote:
384mb and 768mb of GDDR4

I don't think it will have such "odd" amount of RAM. It'll probably have 512mb, and 1gb.
January 22, 2007 9:18:07 PM

Biggest pile of malarky I've seen yet.roflmao.If any of you actually believe this card exists,you need to see a shrink.Damn what people will do to fool with peoples heads these days.Later all.

Dahak

AMD X2-4400+@2.6 S-939
EVGA NF4 SLI MB
2X EVGA 7800GT IN SLI
2X1GIG DDR IN DC MODE
WD300GIG HD
EXTREME 19IN.MONITOR 1280X1024
THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER 850WATT PSU
COOLERMASTER MINI R120
a b U Graphics card
January 22, 2007 9:22:12 PM

Quote:
Let's say that they could've achieved 500%, but only launched the 300% then that still leaves your options (over 50% headroom) while accomplishing an unquestioned dominating win, and gives you even higher pricing point (for 200-300% improvement over a GF8800GTX

Yup, I follow that logic and think in this case that is just what they did. :wink:
January 22, 2007 9:38:47 PM

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
25nm Manufacturing Process!!!

Good one!

Link >>
!