How can I enable/customomize the Quick Launch toolbar for ..

Greetings,

Is there a way in Group Policy to enable and customize the Windows Quick
Launch toolbar on Windows 2003 server for end users on Windows XP Pro
systems. I look forward to you replies.

Thanks in advance,

Toni P.
2 answers Last reply
More about enable customomize quick launch toolbar

    The Quick Launch folder is just a folder. So you can manage it just like
    others.

    User Config\Administrative Templates\Start Menu and Taskbar\Do not display
    any custom toolbars in the taskbar

    This setting affects the taskbar. The taskbar includes the Start button,
    buttons for currently running tasks, custom toolbars, the notification area,
    and the system clock. Toolbars include Quick Launch, Address, Links, Desktop,
    and other custom toolbars created by the user or by an application. If this
    setting is enabled, the taskbar does not display any custom toolbars, and the
    user cannot add any custom toolbars to the taskbar. Moreover, the Toolbars
    menu command and submenu are removed from the context menu. The taskbar
    displays only the Start button, taskbar buttons, the notification area, and
    the system clock. If this setting is disabled or is not configured, the
    taskbar displays all toolbars. Users can add or remove custom toolbars, and
    the Toolbars command appears in the context menu.

    BR,
    Denis

    "tpenn" wrote:

    > Greetings,
    >
    > Is there a way in Group Policy to enable and customize the Windows Quick
    > Launch toolbar on Windows 2003 server for end users on Windows XP Pro
    > systems. I look forward to you replies.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Toni P.

    We may want to do specific configuration; however, this does the main piece
    that we are looking for. I found this last night as well. Thanks for
    responding!

    Toni P.

    "Denis Wong @ Hong Kong" wrote:

    > The Quick Launch folder is just a folder. So you can manage it just like
    > others.
    >
    > User Config\Administrative Templates\Start Menu and Taskbar\Do not display
    > any custom toolbars in the taskbar
    >
    > This setting affects the taskbar. The taskbar includes the Start button,
    > buttons for currently running tasks, custom toolbars, the notification area,
    > and the system clock. Toolbars include Quick Launch, Address, Links, Desktop,
    > and other custom toolbars created by the user or by an application. If this
    > setting is enabled, the taskbar does not display any custom toolbars, and the
    > user cannot add any custom toolbars to the taskbar. Moreover, the Toolbars
    > menu command and submenu are removed from the context menu. The taskbar
    > displays only the Start button, taskbar buttons, the notification area, and
    > the system clock. If this setting is disabled or is not configured, the
    > taskbar displays all toolbars. Users can add or remove custom toolbars, and
    > the Toolbars command appears in the context menu.
    >
    > BR,
    > Denis
    >
    > "tpenn" wrote:
    >
    > > Greetings,
    > >
    > > Is there a way in Group Policy to enable and customize the Windows Quick
    > > Launch toolbar on Windows 2003 server for end users on Windows XP Pro
    > > systems. I look forward to you replies.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance,
    > >
    > > Toni P.

Policy Quick Launch Windows