Event ID: 301
Date: 10/6/2004
Time: 1:53:39 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: THING
The assignment of application Lotus Notes 6.5.1 from policy notes651install
succeeded.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Management
Event Category: None
Event ID: 102
Date: 10/6/2004
Time: 1:53:45 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: THING
The install of application Lotus Notes 6.5.1 from policy notes651install
failed. The error was : The installation source for this product is not
available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it.

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Application Management
Event Category: None
Event ID: 303
Date: 10/6/2004
Time: 1:53:45 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: THING
The removal of the assignment of application Lotus Notes 6.5.1 from policy
notes651install succeeded.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Management
Event Category: None
Event ID: 108
Date: 10/6/2004
Time: 1:53:45 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: THING
Failed to apply changes to software installation settings. Software changes
could not be applied. A previous log entry with details should exist. The
error was : The installation source for this product is not available.
Verify that the source exists and that you can access it.

The group policy has domain computers with read and apply group policy
rights. The NTFS 2000 share has everyone full access, and the folder has
domain computers with read, list read and execute.

This problem has occured with any MSI package I have tried to deploy. Any
help?

Try changing the share level permission to Everyone full control, and the
NTFS permission to Everyone Read only.

BR,
Denis

"Jon Viehe" wrote:

> I am attempting to deploy a Lotus Notes 6 msi package with transform from a
> 2000 domain to a Windows XP machine. After setting up the group policy
> (computer)UNCs for the paths, the computer attempts to run the policy at
> startup, then stops, and finsishes booting. When I check the event log, i
> get in order:
>
> Event Type: Information
> Event Source: Application Management
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 301
> Date: 10/6/2004
> Time: 1:53:39 PM
> User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
> Computer: THING
> The assignment of application Lotus Notes 6.5.1 from policy notes651install
> succeeded.
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: Application Management
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 102
> Date: 10/6/2004
> Time: 1:53:45 PM
> User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
> Computer: THING
> The install of application Lotus Notes 6.5.1 from policy notes651install
> failed. The error was : The installation source for this product is not
> available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it.
>
> Event Type: Information
> Event Source: Application Management
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 303
> Date: 10/6/2004
> Time: 1:53:45 PM
> User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
> Computer: THING
> The removal of the assignment of application Lotus Notes 6.5.1 from policy
> notes651install succeeded.
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: Application Management
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 108
> Date: 10/6/2004
> Time: 1:53:45 PM
> User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
> Computer: THING
> Failed to apply changes to software installation settings. Software changes
> could not be applied. A previous log entry with details should exist. The
> error was : The installation source for this product is not available.
> Verify that the source exists and that you can access it.
>
> The group policy has domain computers with read and apply group policy
> rights. The NTFS 2000 share has everyone full access, and the folder has
> domain computers with read, list read and execute.
>
> This problem has occured with any MSI package I have tried to deploy. Any
> help?

Just FYI, the problem was that my computers hostname was incorrect so the
server couldnt find the machine correctly.

"Denis Wong @ Hong Kong" <DenisWongHongKong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:0FB63DC9-9283-4FA9-92A5-4E7664235645@microsoft.com...