Turning off Acrobat Reader update prompts for everyone?

Archived from groups: adobe.acrobat.reader,microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy (More info?)

Is there any way to deploy Acrobat Reader on Windows desktops in a way
so end users are not ever prompted to install updates such as the
Atmosphere Player and Photoshop starter software?
I know you can go to each machine and manually set the preferences,
but is there a way to deploy it with the preferences already set?
We have deployed the Acrobat Reader 6.01 with all the default settings
and we would now like to deploy 6.02 with the automatic checking for
updates turned off.
1 answer Last reply
More about turning acrobat reader update prompts everyone

    I think you can try re-packaging the deployment using for example the
    WinInstall LE from Win2000 Server CD, starting from Reader 6.01 to 6.02. Test
    before you deploy.

    BR,
    Denis

    "TS" wrote:

    > Is there any way to deploy Acrobat Reader on Windows desktops in a way
    > so end users are not ever prompted to install updates such as the
    > Atmosphere Player and Photoshop starter software?
    > I know you can go to each machine and manually set the preferences,
    > but is there a way to deploy it with the preferences already set?
    > We have deployed the Acrobat Reader 6.01 with all the default settings
    > and we would now like to deploy 6.02 with the automatic checking for
    > updates turned off.

Policy Acrobat Microsoft Windows