Send message at login

Dear all,

I ham using Windows 2000 Pro SP4
I have seen that it is possible to send a welcome messge to a user when he
logs on.
I am actually auditing all successful/failed login attempt.

Is there a way to send a welcome message to alogged user based on its named
or Group members ?

For example I would like to send a different welcom message if current
logged user is belonging to USERS group or Administrators.

Thanks for your help
regards
serge
1 answer Last reply
More about send message login

    If you want the same message displayed, you can just throw it in a login
    script on the user account with a "net send localhost
    message_you_want_to_convey"

    I don't remember if you have to be a member of the local admins group
    though... it's been so long since I was in those shoes :x

    HTH

    Ken

    "serge calderara" <sergecalderara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:0678CCAD-0965-456F-A10B-A25BDD121159@microsoft.com...
    > Dear all,
    >
    > I ham using Windows 2000 Pro SP4
    > I have seen that it is possible to send a welcome messge to a user when he
    > logs on.
    > I am actually auditing all successful/failed login attempt.
    >
    > Is there a way to send a welcome message to alogged user based on its
    named
    > or Group members ?
    >
    > For example I would like to send a different welcom message if current
    > logged user is belonging to USERS group or Administrators.
    >
    > Thanks for your help
    > regards
    > serge

Login Windows