Send message at login

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
October 8, 2004 5:37:03 AM

Dear all,

I ham using Windows 2000 Pro SP4
I have seen that it is possible to send a welcome messge to a user when he
logs on.
I am actually auditing all successful/failed login attempt.

Is there a way to send a welcome message to alogged user based on its named
or Group members ?

For example I would like to send a different welcom message if current
logged user is belonging to USERS group or Administrators.

Thanks for your help
regards
serge

More about : send message login

Anonymous
October 8, 2004 3:13:11 PM

If you want the same message displayed, you can just throw it in a login
script on the user account with a "net send localhost
message_you_want_to_convey"

I don't remember if you have to be a member of the local admins group
though... it's been so long since I was in those shoes :x

HTH

Ken

"serge calderara" <sergecalderara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:0678CCAD-0965-456F-A10B-A25BDD121159@microsoft.com...