HELP!!! Policy not aways applying

Anyone got any idea's I have a windows 2000 server running about 100 XP
based pc's. If a student logs onto the computer they don't always get the
policy (and any restrictions) they can log off and on the same pc and can
then get the policy. If the pc's are just switched on then they always get
the policy. There is no logic to which students or which PC's do or do not
get the policy.
Any help much appreciated.
Richard

Actually, I am pretty sure that there is some logic to this.

If all of the pcs are running XP Pro then please take a look at the
following MSKB Article:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=305293

HTH,

Cary