How to set permissions on computers using Group Policy

I would like to set permissions on a C:/Program Files/Common Files/Microsoft
Shared folder for a certain group so that only Local Administrators have
rights to it. I only want this to affect a certain groups of people on their
computers.

How do I do this? I attempted disallowing the folder and this did not work
(in Windows Security settings under additional rules): C:\Program
Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\THEMES11 and this did not work.

Any suggestions to create GPO to block this folder? I look forward to any
reply.

Thanks in advance,

Toni P.

Use the gp editor on a XP/2003 machine and define a file system policy under
computer config>windows settings>security settings for that folder.

Brian Desmond
Windows Server MVP
desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us

Http://www.briandesmond.com

"tpenn" <tpenn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I would like to set permissions on a C:/Program Files/Common
Files/Microsoft
> Shared folder for a certain group so that only Local Administrators have
> rights to it. I only want this to affect a certain groups of people on
their
> computers.
>
> How do I do this? I attempted disallowing the folder and this did not
work
> (in Windows Security settings under additional rules): C:\Program
> Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\THEMES11 and this did not work.
>
> Any suggestions to create GPO to block this folder? I look forward to any
> reply.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Toni P.

TRENDING THREADS