How to set permissions on computers using Group Policy

I would like to set permissions on a C:/Program Files/Common Files/Microsoft
Shared folder for a certain group so that only Local Administrators have
rights to it. I only want this to affect a certain groups of people on their
computers.

How do I do this? I attempted disallowing the folder and this did not work
(in Windows Security settings under additional rules): C:\Program
Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\THEMES11 and this did not work.

Any suggestions to create GPO to block this folder? I look forward to any
reply.

Thanks in advance,

Toni P.
1 answer Last reply
More about permissions computers group policy

    Use the gp editor on a XP/2003 machine and define a file system policy under
    computer config>windows settings>security settings for that folder.

    Brian Desmond
    Windows Server MVP
    desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us

    Http://www.briandesmond.com

    "tpenn" <tpenn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I would like to set permissions on a C:/Program Files/Common
    Files/Microsoft
    > Shared folder for a certain group so that only Local Administrators have
    > rights to it. I only want this to affect a certain groups of people on
    their
    > computers.
    >
    > How do I do this? I attempted disallowing the folder and this did not
    work
    > (in Windows Security settings under additional rules): C:\Program
    > Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\THEMES11 and this did not work.
    >
    > Any suggestions to create GPO to block this folder? I look forward to any
    > reply.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Toni P.

Policy Computers Microsoft Permissions Windows