Granting a group administrative rights

I have a program that does not allow me to save on the
network.

I have FULL control of the child folder (and its files and
folders) where I am trying to save. I do not have Full
Control of the entire drive because sensitive information.

I am part of the Engineer group. My administrator did a
test and put me with Administrative group. I was able to
save, but I was also able to get into folders that did not
grant Engineer group permission.

It there a way to grant the Engineer group administrative
privledges without attaching them to the Administrative
group??

The computer and server is running Windows 2000.

Thanks, Terry
2 answers Last reply
More about granting group administrative rights

    Terry,
    May the application will save information locally also, and in the registry,
    You can define security for the file system and registry in a Group Policy
    by using
    Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\File System or
    Registry.

    --
    Regards
    Christoffer Andersson

    "Terry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet
    >I have a program that does not allow me to save on the
    > network.
    >
    > I have FULL control of the child folder (and its files and
    > folders) where I am trying to save. I do not have Full
    > Control of the entire drive because sensitive information.
    >
    > I am part of the Engineer group. My administrator did a
    > test and put me with Administrative group. I was able to
    > save, but I was also able to get into folders that did not
    > grant Engineer group permission.
    >
    > It there a way to grant the Engineer group administrative
    > privledges without attaching them to the Administrative
    > group??
    >
    > The computer and server is running Windows 2000.
    >
    > Thanks, Terry

    Thanks Chris.

    The application will save locally. Saving to a child folder on a network
    drive is the problem.

    I'll relay the information you gave me.

    Terry

    "Chriss3 [MVP]" wrote:

    > Terry,
    > May the application will save information locally also, and in the registry,
    > You can define security for the file system and registry in a Group Policy
    > by using
    > Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\File System or
    > Registry.
    >

    > --
    > Regards
    > Christoffer Andersson
    > Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
    >
    > No email replies please - reply in the newsgroup
    > http://www.chrisse.se - Active Directory Tips
    >
    > "Terry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet
    > >I have a program that does not allow me to save on the
    > > network.
    > >
    > > I have FULL control of the child folder (and its files and
    > > folders) where I am trying to save. I do not have Full
    > > Control of the entire drive because sensitive information.
    > >
    > > I am part of the Engineer group. My administrator did a
    > > test and put me with Administrative group. I was able to
    > > save, but I was also able to get into folders that did not
    > > grant Engineer group permission.
    > >
    > > It there a way to grant the Engineer group administrative
    > > privledges without attaching them to the Administrative
    > > group??
    > >
    > > The computer and server is running Windows 2000.
    > >
    > > Thanks, Terry

Windows