Granting a group administrative rights

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
October 9, 2004 2:24:10 PM

I have a program that does not allow me to save on the
network.

I have FULL control of the child folder (and its files and
folders) where I am trying to save. I do not have Full
Control of the entire drive because sensitive information.

I am part of the Engineer group. My administrator did a
test and put me with Administrative group. I was able to
save, but I was also able to get into folders that did not
grant Engineer group permission.

It there a way to grant the Engineer group administrative
privledges without attaching them to the Administrative
group??

The computer and server is running Windows 2000.

Thanks, Terry
Anonymous
October 11, 2004 1:44:01 AM

Terry,
May the application will save information locally also, and in the registry,
You can define security for the file system and registry in a Group Policy
by using
Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\File System or
Registry.

--
Regards
Christoffer Andersson

"Terry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet
>I have a program that does not allow me to save on the
> network.
>
> I have FULL control of the child folder (and its files and
> folders) where I am trying to save. I do not have Full
> Control of the entire drive because sensitive information.
>
> I am part of the Engineer group. My administrator did a
> test and put me with Administrative group. I was able to
> save, but I was also able to get into folders that did not
> grant Engineer group permission.
>
> It there a way to grant the Engineer group administrative
> privledges without attaching them to the Administrative
> group??
>
> The computer and server is running Windows 2000.
>
> Thanks, Terry
Anonymous
October 11, 2004 10:15:04 PM

Thanks Chris.

The application will save locally. Saving to a child folder on a network
drive is the problem.

I'll relay the information you gave me.

Terry

!