boomslang, the best mouse for gaming?

vidar

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2002
i am getting a new mouse, either the boomslang 1000, or the logitech dual mouseman, is the boomslang as good for games as it is said to be?(the buttons are HUGE)

vidar

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2002
i just read that the razer company has had some financial trouble and have´nt been able to produce new windowsXP drivers, does boomslang work with windowsXP at all?

Toejam31

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
This is not the first time the company has run into financial trouble.

This is what is says on the website:

<i>"XP Drivers: Yes, yes we know ... we've been promising XP drivers since December, and we've had to keep pushing back the date. Those of you who know us are aware that this is not the way we have done business in the past. Yes, we are going to complete XP drivers. Yes, we want to satisfy all of our customers. When we came back from the near deceased, we received over 1500 email requests for drivers to support XP. We reacted quickly and contacted our favorite driver development company. In our eagerness to supply our customers with what they want (and need) we forgot on small detail ... money!! Seems like this restart of our business required a lot more working capital than we anticipated. Therefore, we have had to play stop and start with all of our expenses. This does not mean that we are in any trouble, it merely means that we will all have to wait a little longer for a complete recovery. We apologize for any inconvenience that we have caused you and truly appreciate your patience and support in this unfortunate delay. We will post a "real" date as soon as we know something firm."</i>

These people apparently have some problems with running a business, and I wouldn't be in a hurry to buy a product from them, not in this economy.

In the meantime, the Logitech site has workable drivers, and the dual-optical mouse is excellent for games, even those online.

Unless you are willing to wait, and take a chance ... the Logitech mouse would be my personal choice. Later on, if the company releases the drivers (and they are still in existence) you could pick up a Boomslang and give it a try. If you don't like it ... return it.

I don't believe that this particular mouse is really the best choice unless you use your computer for almost nothing else except playing games. I'd want an alternate mouse for regular tasks besides gaming, if I had a choice. It's not the most ergonomically-sound device, and I'm under the impression that it takes quite a while before you can get accustomed to using it, due to the high sensitivity level.

Toejam31

<font color=red>First Rig:</font color=red> <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=17935" target="_new"><font color=green>Toejam31's Devastating Dalek Destroyer</font color=green></A>
<font color=red>Second Rig:</font color=red> <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=15942" target="_new"><font color=green>Toey's Dynamite DDR Duron</font color=green></A>

<font color=purple>"Some push the envelope. Some just lick it. And some can't find the flap."</font color=purple>

schoo006

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2002
i HAD it...and returned it...IT SUCKED. I could not even make normal circular movements on the screen with it...because the ball (on BOTH the specimens that i had at home) ..ehrr..did not roll smoothly enough in the housing. I also got a painful wrist because of the HUGE buttons .They made me put constant strain on my fore-arm-muscles...DONT BUY IT!!(the Boomslang ofcourse)